Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 404 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-08-12, 08:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by calinmarian View Post
Firstly,the UCI needs to confirm the WT license of Saxo-Tinkoff,then they need to win a lot of races and to accumulate points.Do you know Contador points are still discounted because of that UCI ruling which says that after a doping suspension,the points of that rider are discounted from the team total.So Kreuziger or Nick Roche need points in 2013 to maintain the team in WT(assuming that this team gets the license and not the two sprinters team).
kreuziger will be able to do it very well in the ardennes, PN or TA etc. And Roche can perhaps loo for a top 10 in the Vuelta (?). Majka will probably go for an top 10 in the giro and Bennati can get a couple of points here and there. Does not loo that bad for the team really

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 12-08-12, 15:21

Quote:
Do you know Contador points are still discounted because of that UCI ruling which says that after a doping suspension,the points of that rider are discounted from the team total.So Kreuziger or Nick Roche need points in 2013 to maintain the team in WT(assuming that this team gets the license and not the two sprinters team).
Yes I'm aware of the Contador points situation thank you very much but I don't necessarily think that should stop the team - not just Alberto - from winning regarless if their WT or not imo and the post bellow addresses my point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
kreuziger will be able to do it very well in the ardennes, PN or TA etc. And Roche can perhaps loo for a top 10 in the Vuelta (?). Majka will probably go for an top 10 in the giro and Bennati can get a couple of points here and there. Does not loo that bad for the team really
Cheers Vino attacks everyone
Interviewer: You've earned the nickname of "El Pistolero" for your simulated pistol firing at the end of a stage. And while the nickname makes sense, I'm left wondering what is the inspiration for pistol victory? Does it draw from your enthusiasm for hunting, or is there a deeper meaning?

Alberto: It was the sign I made for showing to a friend I was dedicating the victory to him, and I have continued to use it.
Old 12-08-12, 16:40

Quote:
Firstly,the UCI needs to confirm the WT license of Saxo-Tinkoff,then they need to win a lot of races and to accumulate points.Do you know Contador points are still discounted because of that UCI ruling which says that after a doping suspension,the points of that rider are discounted from the team total.So Kreuziger or Nick Roche need points in 2013 to maintain the team in WT(assuming that this team gets the license and not the two sprinters team).
Also Breschel should score points on the cobbles, and Rogers will score a decent amount of points too. Their main problem will be that contador usually goes for the win in the races he starts in - they might wanna reverse that for some races.

Even if they dont get WT license this year (and I actually think its likely that they wont) they will be back in the WT next year, cos they will get a lot of invites to WT races this season.
Old 12-08-12, 16:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
Also Breschel should score points on the cobbles, and Rogers will score a decent amount of points too. Their main problem will be that contador usually goes for the win in the races he starts in - they might wanna reverse that for some races.

Even if they dont get WT license this year (and I actually think its likely that they wont) they will be back in the WT next year, cos they will get a lot of invites to WT races this season.
No way
Old 12-08-12, 17:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
No way
neh, tey can go into tour de Basque with Kreuziger and AC for example and let Kreuziger fight for his own chances while Ac attacks in the bottom of the last climb and wins with 10 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 12-08-12, 17:23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post
Roger's signing for Saxo was totally unexpected.

Bertie just needs to turn up in July and avoid a crash, to win.
Rogers will drop other contenders with his pull or what?
Old 12-08-12, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
neh, tey can go into tour de Basque with Kreuziger and AC for example and let Kreuziger fight for his own chances while Ac attacks in the bottom of the last climb and wins with 10 minutes
Watching teams try some tactical things like that in races like PV could be quite fun. Usually they are just leadershowdown fests on last climb and more often tt fests.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-08-12, 17:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
How high were the betting odds on him?
30-40 odds before the race
Old 12-08-12, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Rogers will drop other contenders with his pull or what?
Only Andy

On a serious note, the team arouns Contador has been too weak at Saxo. He doesnt need strong helpers to pull him to the finish line like Wiggings. He doesnt need his team to pull at a ceratin mediocre watt level all the way, he needs a strong team to keep him safe and well and then pull imba hard on the last climb(s) so that the other contenders lose all or nearly all of their helpers before he launches his own attack dropping all but Andy (who he will then crush on the TTs).
Old 12-08-12, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
Only Andy

On a serious note, the team arouns Contador has been too weak at Saxo. He doesnt need strong helpers to pull him to the finish line like Wiggings. He doesnt need his team to pull at a ceratin mediocre watt level all the way, he needs a strong team to keep him safe and well and then pull imba hard on the last climb(s) so that the other contenders lose all or nearly all of their helpers before he launches his own attack dropping all but Andy (who he will then crush on the TTs).
What? he will also drop Andy No just kidding

I do miss the days when Alberto could drop everyone..