Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 406 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-09-12, 01:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Sky didn't pull Wiggins at 'certain mediocre watt level'. Stop wishful thinking and positioning Wiggins like anti climber. It is getting sort of self-deception. He would have won the Tour even without such a strong team simply at the expense of TT.
Uh oh, I think you're in trouble, you're going to get grilled alive for saying this.
Old 12-09-12, 02:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Keeping safe works for flat mostly.
-snip-
Could anyone call me a stage when team could help Contador? Personally I can't remember what could happen better for him say in 2011 if he had a proper team.
You answered your own question. Instead of riding at mid-pack because Riis knew he had to save his team for the mountainous stages and for later in the Tour, a strong team would have had Contador closer to the front and protected, likely avoiding the multiple crashes that he experienced and the exhausting chases to regain contact with the peloton that ensued as a result.
Maybe he would've had a bit more in the tank to hang on on the Galibier stage and if he still felt the urge had just that bit more in his legs to actually win on Alpe d'Huez.
Old 12-09-12, 09:55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Uh oh, I think you're in trouble, you're going to get grilled alive for saying this.
Sarcasm? Which team had comparable to sky resource and could damage Wiggins?? There was no any team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru
You answered your own question. Instead of riding at mid-pack because Riis knew he had to save his team for the mountainous stages and for later in the Tour, a strong team would have had Contador closer to the front and protected, likely avoiding the multiple crashes that he experienced and the exhausting chases to regain contact with the peloton that ensued as a result.
Maybe he would've had a bit more in the tank to hang on on the Galibier stage and if he still felt the urge had just that bit more in his legs to actually win on Alpe d'Huez.
Not, I wouldn't have asked if that had been so simple. Save who and for what? Save overly weak Navarro and Hernandez for the climbs? It is not their work in principle to defend from the case of Karpets. Tozatto or Noval had to be next to. It was a standart team ack of coordination. Such misfortune could easily happen no matter how strong the team is. Team can not protect its rider in any situation. It is impossible. As for crash on the 1st stage, I don't know what team a rider should have so they pull back a leader into the peloton, when fresh peloton goes full blast at 60 km/h. It is just unluck. Again we are saying about protection on flat. Neither Kreuziger nor Rogers will do this job.

To me, those crashes were rather signs of fatigue and lack of concentration than weak team. Though, no one compares Noval and Tozatto with Voigt, Cancellara and say Hincapie as flat domestiques. First 2 are considerably weaker.

Last edited by airstream; 12-09-12 at 10:08.
Old 12-09-12, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Yeah..I like it,it is much better than usually.

BANG BANG!
Old 12-09-12, 17:49

Stop it guys!
This is Alberto's thread,not the thread of this english superman called Bradley Wiggins

Lets talk something about Alberto.Tomorrow is The Day,Protour or proconti?I think the tense is on both sides.I hope we will get the information soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English

Last edited by ILovecycling; 12-09-12 at 17:52.
Old 12-09-12, 17:57
Administrator

moved the posts discussion wiggins to the wiggins thread. please stay on topic
Old 12-09-12, 21:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdTQr7Z8-po
Old 12-10-12, 03:58

That background soundtrack totally distracted me
Old 12-10-12, 08:30
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4FW46m14FE
Old 12-10-12, 16:40

Jesus Hernandez ‏@jesushernandez3
@albertocontador @TeamSaxoTinkoff @lavuelta Recordando los mejores momentos de este aņo...

Jesus Hernandez ‏@jesushernandez3
@albertocontador @TeamSaxoTinkoff @lavuelta Cuantas veces pasamos por ahi entrenando!!!

No saxo train in the 100th tour unfortunately