Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-08-12, 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
...L'Equipe claims that the director of the french cross-country ski team Michel Lucatelli, best friend of Ciprelli, could be in serious trouble for picking up a dubious package several months ago. ...
Michel Lucatelli is the director of the French skicross team, not X-country.
Old 02-08-12, 10:06

Thanks for the clarifications, I did not know these people (the marathoner and the ski coach)

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 02-09-12, 05:52

According to l'Equipe, Longo visited the ALFD last week to complain about being put back on the list of athletes on the localisation/testing program. Takes a lot of nerve.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-r...-l-afld/261924

Random thought - does she get seniors rates on her drug purchases?

In the main article on the arrest of Ciprelli, there is a mention that Bruno Genevois and Robert Bertrand, respectively president and general secretary of the AFLD, were questioned as well and also the fact that the Joe Papp e-mails were already in their possession when l'Equipe revealed their existance a few months ago. There is a strong suggestion that the French Federation of Cycling and possibly ALFD were covering up what they knew.

Good work Damien Ressiot. Also once again proof that police actions are more effective than federations at going after doping.
Old 02-09-12, 06:58

Exclamation delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
...In the main article on the arrest of Ciprelli, there is a mention that Bruno Genevois and Robert Bertrand, respectively president and general secretary of the AFLD, were questioned as well and also the fact that the Joe Papp e-mails were already in their possession when l'Equipe revealed their existance a few months ago. There is a strong suggestion that the French Federation of Cycling and possibly ALFD were covering up what they knew.

Good work Damien Ressiot. Also once again proof that police actions are more effective than federations at going after doping.
Firstly, I agree re. Damien Ressiot...and my personal experience w/ him has been very positive (no pun intended). Secondly, IIRC, the Ciprelli-related evidence from my case had been provided to some French authorities as early as summer-2010.

"There is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed in the performance of every act of life"

* email me
* read my (old) blog
* visit my website
* read my (new) blog
Old 02-09-12, 08:38

If the AFLD tried to bury this along with the French Fed it does not bode well for their testing at events nor for the testing of French riders.

It brings to mind a French rider's performance at last years TdF

Last edited by Benotti69; 02-11-12 at 15:00.
Old 02-11-12, 00:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
It brings to mind a French rider's performance at last years TdF
French rider, German name?
Old 02-11-12, 08:23

Default Voeckler

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolols View Post
French rider, German name?
To my knowledge Voeckler is not a German name, it's an Alsatian one. Alsatian is a germanic language.
Old 12-09-12, 08:25

Default Jeannie Longo = Lance Armstrong

Quote:
“They should stop picking on him. These are decisions by judges which have perhaps been influenced by subjective dossiers,” Longo said. “The federation did everything to make sure that he wasn’t at my side to make me fail at the French championships and not get to the Olympics. They knew very well that I would be put out by his absence. They sent a lawyer twice to the French championships in Grenoble to make sure that he wasn’t with me at races.”
Wow she must really be stupid to point that fact out. So she fails miserably and says its becasue her Epo buying husband wasnt with her.

How are the French letting Longo get away with all the years she dominated and doped ?? She's the female Lance Armstrong and got away with it for decades.

Any frenchies got any more up to date info ?
Old 12-09-12, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Chic View Post
Wow she must really be stupid to point that fact out. So she fails miserably and says its becasue her Epo buying husband wasnt with her.

How are the French letting Longo get away with all the years she dominated and doped ?? She's the female Lance Armstrong and got away with it for decades.

Any frenchies got any more up to date info ?
+1

more bad weeds growing on UCI's front porch.
how did Longo not get caught in 30 epic years of cheating?
don't the UCI have some Longo-samples stored which they could test retrospectively?
Old 12-09-12, 11:25

well they arent going to find anything in the samples - ask Armstrongs 275.

Thanks to the UCI we will have to wait for someone to grass her up ...maybe a Campanile employee