Rogers to CSC! - Page 9 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-08-12, 16:24

Reminds me of the Livingston > Telekom move, hiring the guy with the inside knowledge.
Old 12-08-12, 18:58

Riis and Rogers are very excited by the move. As I am. I think Rogers will give Contador the edge over Froome at the Tour.

Riis played an excellent game of cat and mouse with Sky to secure Rogers.

With Rogers & Roche, Riis has an excellent Anglo feel to his team.

Contador is all class but with a anti-doping adovocate Roche and Rogers then its Sky's the limits with Saxo Bank for 2013.

Quote:
“I think Michael’s palmares pretty much speaks for itself,” said SaxoBank team boss Bjarne Riis, quoted in Road Cycling UK. “He is without a doubt a world class rider, a very strong time triallist who is also capable of climbing, and on top of that he is a great guy.

“Surely he will add strength to our team throughout the season and I believe he will be a very important rider for us, both when it comes to helping Alberto [Contador] in Grand Tours and to secure results on his own.”

Rogers added: ”I’m very excited to be joining an extremely strong and experienced squad at SaxoBank-Tinkoff for the coming seasons.

“I feel I can have a positive effect particularly during stage races ranging from just a few days right through to the Grand Tours. I certainly look forward to the many new challenges that lay ahead.”
Old 12-09-12, 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Riis and Rogers are very excited by the move. As I am. I think Rogers will give Contador the edge over Froome at the Tour.

Riis played an excellent game of cat and mouse with Sky to secure Rogers.

With Rogers & Roche, Riis has an excellent Anglo feel to his team.

Contador is all class but with a anti-doping adovocate Roche and Rogers then its Sky's the limits with Saxo Bank for 2013.
Bet lots on bike pure are doped.

These guys have no problem using everything and anything to 'achieve' in the sport of cycling.
Old 12-09-12, 13:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
Its a shame because of what he dabbled with in the past Sky will lose a good rider, hope he doesnt slip back into past habits under Tinkoff/Riss

Why can't the person who put the op-ed up get hisnew team right, points to his general ignorance which can be verified in the logical fallacy of his post
Well it's no worse than everyone saying Rogers raced for Telekom. He raced for T-Mobile, Highroad, Columbia and HTC, but not Telekom.

Logical fallacy of my post? Please elaborate. I think a team that has come out very publicly with a zero tolerance of past dopers, suddenly allowing an absolute key team member to go, points in one direction.
Old 12-09-12, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbaskip View Post
I think a team that has come out very publicly with a zero tolerance of past dopers, suddenly allowing an absolute key team member to go, points in one direction.
Absolutely. Another pointer: He goes to Riis and Contador. THAT is a statement on the topic of PEDs.
Old 12-09-12, 19:22
Administrator

Ahem, folks.... Rogers /Saxo-Tinkoff here.

Not Wiggo.

Ta.

Susan
Old 12-09-12, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
It is possible that any doping Rogers may or may not have done at Sky was purely individual.
If that means all the Tenerife boys he was with didn't notice Rogers skipping training to meet up with Ferrari or someone else then yes.

Unlikely. They'd be blind to have not noticed what he did. They knew. Had to have, because even though I do not attribute much intelligence to that group of cavalier Sky riders, we all know the mindset. They're terrified of being outshone by a team mate.

So either the riders knew because they were all doing the same thing, or Rogers was alone doing his own thing and some of the now defunct Sky staff were knowledgeable of his seedier undertakings off the bike. Either way someone knew. And this last option of Rogers going it alone without other riders does not mean his former team mates were not employing the same methodology.

We should all be grateful that Rogers is leaving like the others. That means less doping experience at Sky and potentially less BS on the road in terms of ludicrous performances. In theory at least. Note Thomas and Kennaugh can step into replace Rogers quite easily. But the problems is Wiggins and Froome. They don't trust one another. Loyal boy Rogers is gone, so who gets the other kids in the divorce? Where does Porte fall? Does he forfeit any chance of winning in 2013? If Sky had followed JV's business plan, this would not be happening. And I for one am happier for it. Sky end up with egg on their faces again and lose the biggest joke on their team. He will be missed.

Last edited by Galic Ho; 12-09-12 at 23:44.
Old 12-10-12, 00:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galic Ho View Post
We should all be grateful that Rogers is leaving like the others. That means less doping experience at Sky and potentially less BS on the road in terms of ludicrous performances.
Given their performance in 2012, I think they have enough experience without Rogers to continue in a similar vein. It's been 3 years as a team now, plus one more of Brad as a solo rider.