Who is next to dominate GT's? - Page 6 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-09-12, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
I'm guessing Froome or van Garderen. Pinot, Quintana and others might be able to nick a GT win here or there but Tejay and Froome are far too good at TTing to be seriously challenged by anybody except each other.
except van garderen sucks at climbing. he will never be a serious force in gt's.
Old 12-09-12, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
Certainly not a given that. Still need to see whether Contador can take on Froome and then also see whether he is up to his very best after his ban as we never got to see that properly in the Vuelta. Schleck and Froome are certainly not far off him if not his equal when it comes to climbing so another rider coming to challenge whilst still at his peak is not unimaginable.
Omg Alberto is one of the most talented riders in the peloton, I simply won't believe froome can beat Alberto when they're both at their best. Froome his equal when it comes to climbing, this beats everything and is the most stupid thing I've ever heard

Last edited by LaFlorecita; 12-09-12 at 11:34.
Old 12-09-12, 10:46

Quintana or Pinot, they are still young, Froome he is already 27 he won't improve much
Old 12-09-12, 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what do you call cipo then?
Exactly!

@airstream Quintana will be GT leader,thats for sure and when Valverede retires he will have a strong team around him
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 12-09-12, 12:12

Quote:
so is geraint thomas, but for him it's impossible to improve much as he's already too old for that (your words). lol man you are hilarious
Where did I say that?

Thomas De Gendt has shown potential for GC because of his podium in the Giro. What potential has Geraint Thomas shown in Roubaix?

Now go troll somewhere else, stick to your Rujano thread, so at least I won't have to read your nonsense. I'm sure you've already bashed a few Belgian riders there, but luckily I don't care enough for Rujano to actually look or make a post there.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-09-12, 15:51

Can't see anybody being able to dominate behind Contador for now, but somebody will step forward and claim the position.
Old 12-09-12, 16:10

The future is Sagan. Reckon he'll spend the next few years collecting points jerseys and classics to his palmares and with age his endurance will grow and weight drop. Be afraid...
Old 12-09-12, 16:25

Quote:
except van garderen sucks at climbing. he will never be a serious force in gt's.
His climbing is decent enough for the Tour. A sh!tty route like 2012 for example suits him perfectly.

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"
Old 12-09-12, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlenJones2 View Post
The future is Sagan. Reckon he'll spend the next few years collecting points jerseys and classics to his palmares and with age his endurance will grow and weight drop. Be afraid...
When Contador retires the three GTs will be splitted between Peter Sagan(if he decides to become a stage race rider) Tejay van Garderen(Cadel Evans apprentice) and Quintana.
Old 12-09-12, 16:33

I know De Gendt came third but it's hard for me to take that Giro seriously considering that freaking Ryder Hesjedal won it.

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"