Rujano back in business - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-09-12, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
He had mononucleosis ffs.

Did he? I don't remember seeing it confirmed. Even his teams' doc said he wasn't sure about Rujano's claim.

To me it seemed a clear PMS case
Old 12-09-12, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
Did he? I don't remember seeing it confirmed. Even his teams' doc said he wasn't sure about Rujano's claim.

To me it seemed a clear PMS case
I remember Savio admitting that he had mono but criticizing him because there were only traces of it in his blood work. Which means he had it throughout his Giro prep and was probably still affected by it during the race.

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"
Old 12-09-12, 20:56

Quote:
He doesn't have shape now, the original post is from 2010.
It happens, but overlooking post #2 in a thread is kinda embarrassing
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 12-09-12, 23:47
Administrator

Quote:
He had mononucleosis ffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
I don't think he showed a ton of motivation this year, exiting the Giro even when the team doctor said there wasn't anything wrong with him for example. Then again, I forget if it was confirmed that he was sick during the Giro or not.
Thanks you for confirming he was sick during the Giro. Of course if the team doctor couldn't detect it, it begs the question how much the sickness was really effecting him during the race.

With Rujano, is seems he can either be really good, or really bad. So the question here is, with his move to the world tour, will he be really good or really bad?

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-09-12, 23:54

Quote:
I remember Savio admitting that he had mono but criticizing him because there were only traces of it in his blood work. Which means he had it throughout his Giro prep and was probably still affected by it during the race.
"While it’s not my intention to have an argument with the rider, I have to intervene since nobody can be allowed to alter the reality of the facts and cast doubt on the professionalism of those who work for our team," Savio said. "Rujano maintains that his Giro abandon was caused by mononucleosis, but the blood tests didn’t show mononucleosis in an acute phase, but rather traces of a previous exposure to the virus."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/savi...ucleosis-claim
Old 12-10-12, 03:41

Well If I were Vac I would send Rujano to a GT with another leader... someone who is more likely to do decently. Maybe Tomas. Then if Rujano does end up doing well, its not like he stealing leadership from De Gendt or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Old 12-10-12, 07:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Very nice addition to the Giro.
Now we just need 1 or 2 TT'ers to step forward.
As if the world's best time trialist and reigning TDF champ doesn't provide enough balance? LOL! Those who believe in a mythical climbers vs. time trialists battle on this course really shouldn't complain.

There will be several of them with GC aspirations, regardless. Porte wants to have a Froome-like role, and Rabobank will have Kelderman and/or Gesink.
Old 12-10-12, 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
As if the world's best time trialist and reigning TDF champ doesn't provide enough balance? LOL! Those who believe in a mythical climbers vs. time trialists battle on this course really shouldn't complain.

There will be several of them with GC aspirations, regardless. Porte wants to have a Froome-like role, and Rabobank will have Kelderman and/or Gesink.
If Gesink starts it would be a nice addition, but before announcing Kelderman as a GC contender perhaps he should try a GT first.

Not buying Porte at this point.

Would like one more TT'er on a separate team.
Old 12-10-12, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
Well If I were Vac I would send Rujano to a GT with another leader... someone who is more likely to do decently. Maybe Tomas. Then if Rujano does end up doing well, its not like he stealing leadership from De Gendt or anything.
Alternatively send.him to.a gt that isn't your most important one so if he fails, you haven't lost that much and if he succeeds- great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post

Worlds best time trialist? a good case can be made but a better one for 2 others.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-10-12, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
I don't think he showed a ton of motivation this year, exiting the Giro even when the team doctor said there wasn't anything wrong with him for example. Then again, I forget if it was confirmed that he was sick during the Giro or not.

It would be great if he does have the motivation though, the 2nd best climber in the world (or was it 3rd?) would definitely make Wiggo hurt in the mountains. And it does sound like he is committing himself to the sport more, targeting Vuelta and worlds as well as the Giro.
he had mono/pfeiffer. already starting in trentino, where the signs. the doctor and savio were full of *** although savio quitely admitted later on after having him tested that it was true. he had ti already back from april, which explains his riding in trentino where he blew a few times.. they needed a scapegoat anyway and rujano having the bad reputation, while savio has a far worse reputation of treating (especially south american) riders like s***