Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 12-10-12, 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
First time playing the game this year, so I was wondering, what are people's opinions on picking riders in the 600-1000 point range? Good idea? Bad idea? I looked through the teams of the guys that made top 10 last year and there weren't a lot of riders in that point range.

There's one 700 point rider that is currently on my team, but I'm not sure if I should keep him or not.
Welcome to the game, it's my first year as well so will be good to have somebody else who has no prior experience to measure against.
It is rather intimidating isn't it.

My team is far from finalised but I only have one rifer above 700 and another a little below. But as I said this is my first year so I might not be the best person to take advice from
Old 12-10-12, 06:06

At the moment i think i will have one rider on 1000, one on 700 and one in the 600's.

I do however have cheap picks to help fill the remaining spots (hopefully).

I have not been able to post as of late as i recently travelled to the US and will be here for 4 1/2 more weeks but i shall try and send my team in sometime soon.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

"No one is dropping Simon Gerrans."
Old 12-11-12, 04:39

I have no rider over 1000. And I have a rider who I have had since the first time this game was played.
Old 12-11-12, 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric8-A View Post
I have no rider over 1000. And I have a rider who I have had since the first time this game was played.
I am quite sure who the last one is. One who I for some while thought would do better the next year, but always ending up with fewer points
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 12-11-12, 11:47

Team submitted. One rider over 1,000. one rider just a touch over 700. Bulk of the team (66%) are under 250, so hoping for a few stellar seasons. kept with a few riders from last year in the hope that they come good this time around.
Old 12-12-12, 02:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
I am quite sure who the last one is. One who I for some while thought would do better the next year, but always ending up with fewer points
You'll see if you're right when the teams are sent and put out for others to see.
Old 12-12-12, 03:08

Submitted my team. I am quite happy. I have 7 Belgians and 5 Aussies. On the other end of the scale, I surprisingly only have two Frenchmen. Most popular team in my squad is Movistar with 5 riders. Median value of squad is 150.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-12-12, 20:49

Default Almost there...

Almost there, but as the current value is 7450 I still need a day or two to see if the team can get stronger by getting closer to the 7500 limit. Currently 5 Spanish and 5 Italian riders. 7 riders have kept their place from my lousy 2012 team. One rider 1000+, two more 700+, apart from those three; no one over 500.
My first considiration now (and maybe the last): Is there any rider with 117 points or less that will score more CQ points next year than Ni**** A**** (to keep away from name dropping).
Old 12-13-12, 07:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir View Post
Almost there, but as the current value is 7450 I still need a day or two to see if the team can get stronger by getting closer to the 7500 limit. Currently 5 Spanish and 5 Italian riders. 7 riders have kept their place from my lousy 2012 team. One rider 1000+, two more 700+, apart from those three; no one over 500.
My first considiration now (and maybe the last): Is there any rider with 117 points or less that will score more CQ points next year than Ni**** A**** (to keep away from name dropping).
I see you come from Norway. I am namedropping one rider each day on my twitter
Old 12-13-12, 07:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir View Post
Nuyens, Cobo? Depends whether you want to back a neopro to score big (risky but fun) or pick someone who you are very sure will get 200+.