Sky - Page 965 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-08-12, 10:21

Not the UCI but ASO designed the 2012 Tour for Wiggins because they desperately needed to boost overseas TV sales. French TV viewing figures have been in freefall for years even though Voeckler managed to boost them a bit this year.
Old 12-08-12, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalacain View Post
Not the UCI but ASO designed the 2012 Tour for Wiggins because they desperately needed to boost overseas TV sales. French TV viewing figures have been in freefall for years even though Voeckler managed to boost them a bit this year.
Errr, didn't go according to plan, then:
http://inrng.com/2012/07/tv-audiences-bike-sales/

Also, define years. This is 2007 compared to 2006:

Quote:
The core audience in France rose 6 per cent, said TV station France 2. Plus, new for this year, the lucky French get to watch their national Tour in high-definition…if they have HD-TVs of course. Apparently, you could see every hair on that now-famous Golden Labrador…
Old 12-08-12, 15:01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
no offence caused. I am about truth, and would like to expose that to genuine fans. Not a partial fanboi. Dont want individuals harmed.

If people, Vaughters et al think I am full of BS. Lets hear it, lets have it out
I tend agree. The folling quote rings true in such situations. But we shouldn't take Miller and Vaughters word for it. They're compromised and have vested financial interest in the fans believing they're clean.

Quote:
I would agree that testing should be the definition of riding clean or not. But from the USADA report and countless cases we know testing doesn't mean a lot.

Dope testing at times does catch athletes doping but its still only those too stupid to dope properly.

20 years of cycling has shown us testing alone is not going to show much. WADA, the Federations and even the UCI have said they need law enforcement agencies to help them.

I know a lot of people want Sky to be clean. Just like many did with USPS and T-Mobile. USA, Germany and now UK. National teams competing at the Tour.

I wish people would trust their own eyes more. After seeing what we saw and if you've watched cycling for at least 10 years you know what was up.

I'm not here to burst anyone's bubble but I have to laugh and joke about Sky. They are too funny for words and watching it pan out just like USPS in 1999 is even funnier.

My sadness is still for Richie Porte. He needs to be saved and I wish they protect him. Super talent that guy. He's caught in a world now that he'll never get out of. If you want to see GT potential - then he is it. Not Froome.
Old 12-09-12, 22:02
Banned

Quote:
Team Sky did not meet with the powers that be in cycling to discuss team blood values for nothing. Had to make sure everything was on track.
Old 12-09-12, 22:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Team Sky did not meet with the powers that be in cycling to discuss team blood values for nothing. Had to make sure everything was on track.
I'd like to see the ASO presentation that Sky presented. If its good enough for ASO it should be good enough for the general public.

Releasing it would go a long way to minimising the suspicion about Sky.

For me removing Rogers, Yates and co. has only increased the the concerns I've outlined.

I'd like to see a more transparent Sly in 2013.
Old 12-09-12, 22:13
Administrator

[QUOTE=Galic Ho;1090555]Misquoting someone is against forum rules when the intent is to take a person out of context. Can a mod deal with this person and remind them? Or is that too much to ask around here?

Hi GH,

Probably a good opportunity to remind not just ebandit but all forum users of this rule. Please take note all.

Cheers
Old 12-10-12, 08:42

Quote:
Massive facepalm then because they turned it into the largest snooze fest ever.
Old 12-10-12, 09:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinGT View Post
Massive facepalm then because they turned it into the largest snooze fest ever.
Luckily the targeted audience of new viewers (UK) wouldn't have a clue with road racing in the UK itself pretty much dead and no real UK riders worth a pinch of cortisone to write home about for some time now.
Old 12-10-12, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Luckily the targeted audience of new viewers (UK) wouldn't have a clue with road racing in the UK itself pretty much dead and no real UK riders worth a pinch of cortisone to write home about for some time now.
A few of us were chatting about this last night. Three of us have been watching cycling for 20+ years. I started in the late 80s and one bloke the 70s.

We were saying it was the dullest tour in years and how the Vuelta smashed it to bits. Four lads who have just got into cycling in the last 12 months were saying how great it was, all were poo pooing my thoughts on Wiggins, Froome etc for their rise to the front (mostly Froome).

I suppose they dont have any real reference to go from. They havent seen the likes of Festina etc and only have the last year or so to go from.

What is frustrating is their lack of open mindedness regarding the pefromances of Sky. They just dont want to think about it, nor do any research. Its so frustrating. They all think Froome has been a podium contendor for years, how he was an awesome TTr in the waiting. How Rogers is a power house and that 7% gain at his age is nothing. Its so frustrating trying to get into them that an Elite Rider gaining 7% in power etc is usually unheard of in "marginal gains" due to it being a large difference when you are at the top.

Arrrrrgghhhhh
Old 12-10-12, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Prior to Cav's emergence all we had was Robert Millar.