Transfers and Rumours 2012 > 2013 - Page 351 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3501  
Old 12-10-12, 05:54
RHRH19861986 RHRH19861986 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Germany, Europe
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Gerdeman.
Probably a good fit.
Conti Team Stölting announed they have a "preferred" WT rider who they´d like to sign. Whether it was successful, they want to make public only at March 1st 2013 (!). So it could be Gerdemann, and they could want to leave him the spot open until March, just in case he doesn´t find a WT/PCT team.

I know Gerdemann´s personality since his U23 days. I can tell you, Gerdemann will do everything not to step down to CT level.

This story could end similarly to Knees´after 2010. Milram closed, Pegasus (which signed him) didn´t happen, so finally, around Christmas, he was signed by Sky.
  #3502  
Old 12-10-12, 08:04
Dazed and Confused Dazed and Confused is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
Conti Team Stölting announed they have a "preferred" WT rider who they´d like to sign. Whether it was successful, they want to make public only at March 1st 2013 (!). So it could be Gerdemann, and they could want to leave him the spot open until March, just in case he doesn´t find a WT/PCT team.

I know Gerdemann´s personality since his U23 days. I can tell you, Gerdemann will do everything not to step down to CT level.

This story could end similarly to Knees´after 2010. Milram closed, Pegasus (which signed him) didn´t happen, so finally, around Christmas, he was signed by Sky.
At least he has a backup plan.
  #3503  
Old 12-10-12, 08:50
RHRH19861986 RHRH19861986 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Germany, Europe
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
At least he has a backup plan.
Sure, but currently living in Monaco, it´s a rather poor backup plan

My bet it, he accepts earning 70.000 EUR instead of 120.000 a year, and joins Vacansoleil or a team like that.
  #3504  
Old 12-10-12, 12:58
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
I'd like to believe this but I cant.I think Alberto wants Tour so much,Froome atracts him not Wiggo

If they wont get a license then Kreusiger for Giro,but unfortunately they wont get invitation with him
the aso won't invite saxo unless if they don't get a wt license. the aso has already confirmed this pretty much
  #3505  
Old 12-10-12, 13:11
Zinoviev Letter Zinoviev Letter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
the aso won't invite saxo unless if they don't get a wt license. the aso has already confirmed this pretty much
Really? I know that they said they'd give MPCC members an edge in wild card selection, but there aren't really that many credible candidates for the Tour from amongst the ProConti teams.

I mean if Saxo don't make the WT, then both Argos and FDJ would be in. Europcar are guaranteed a Tour wild card, as are Cofidis, but realistically where would the ASO find two other teams to put ahead of Saxo?
  #3506  
Old 12-10-12, 13:42
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinoviev Letter View Post
Really? I know that they said they'd give MPCC members an edge in wild card selection, but there aren't really that many credible candidates for the Tour from amongst the ProConti teams.

I mean if Saxo don't make the WT, then both Argos and FDJ would be in. Europcar are guaranteed a Tour wild card, as are Cofidis, but realistically where would the ASO find two other teams to put ahead of Saxo?
coldeportes and saur for instance, or even mtn.

aso said that if saxo get's a wt status or not will not change their wildcard policy. which is basically aso terms of saying. without wt status no saxo in the tour. I think they already decided what teams they will give them to.
  #3507  
Old 12-10-12, 13:48
ILovecycling's Avatar
ILovecycling ILovecycling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
the aso won't invite saxo unless if they don't get a wt license. the aso has already confirmed this pretty much
Yes I read it,but Aso talks bull**** all the time
__________________
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
  #3508  
Old 12-10-12, 14:10
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Yes I read it,but Aso talks bull**** all the time
like what?
  #3509  
Old 12-10-12, 15:28
ILovecycling's Avatar
ILovecycling ILovecycling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
like what?
Like they wont invite Valverde to FW and Lbl I think 09,ofc finaly he raced them...simple as that - I dont trust them a word.
__________________
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
  #3510  
Old 12-10-12, 15:36
del1962 del1962 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,463
Default

Vasil Kiryienka joins Sky from Moviestar
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.