Transfers and Rumours 2012 > 2013 - Page 351 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-12, 05:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Gerdeman.
Probably a good fit.
Conti Team Stölting announed they have a "preferred" WT rider who they´d like to sign. Whether it was successful, they want to make public only at March 1st 2013 (!). So it could be Gerdemann, and they could want to leave him the spot open until March, just in case he doesn´t find a WT/PCT team.

I know Gerdemann´s personality since his U23 days. I can tell you, Gerdemann will do everything not to step down to CT level.

This story could end similarly to Knees´after 2010. Milram closed, Pegasus (which signed him) didn´t happen, so finally, around Christmas, he was signed by Sky.
Old 12-10-12, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
Conti Team Stölting announed they have a "preferred" WT rider who they´d like to sign. Whether it was successful, they want to make public only at March 1st 2013 (!). So it could be Gerdemann, and they could want to leave him the spot open until March, just in case he doesn´t find a WT/PCT team.

I know Gerdemann´s personality since his U23 days. I can tell you, Gerdemann will do everything not to step down to CT level.

This story could end similarly to Knees´after 2010. Milram closed, Pegasus (which signed him) didn´t happen, so finally, around Christmas, he was signed by Sky.
At least he has a backup plan.
Old 12-10-12, 08:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
At least he has a backup plan.
Sure, but currently living in Monaco, it´s a rather poor backup plan

My bet it, he accepts earning 70.000 EUR instead of 120.000 a year, and joins Vacansoleil or a team like that.
Old 12-10-12, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
I'd like to believe this but I cant.I think Alberto wants Tour so much,Froome atracts him not Wiggo

If they wont get a license then Kreusiger for Giro,but unfortunately they wont get invitation with him
the aso won't invite saxo unless if they don't get a wt license. the aso has already confirmed this pretty much
Old 12-10-12, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
the aso won't invite saxo unless if they don't get a wt license. the aso has already confirmed this pretty much
Really? I know that they said they'd give MPCC members an edge in wild card selection, but there aren't really that many credible candidates for the Tour from amongst the ProConti teams.

I mean if Saxo don't make the WT, then both Argos and FDJ would be in. Europcar are guaranteed a Tour wild card, as are Cofidis, but realistically where would the ASO find two other teams to put ahead of Saxo?
Old 12-10-12, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinoviev Letter View Post
Really? I know that they said they'd give MPCC members an edge in wild card selection, but there aren't really that many credible candidates for the Tour from amongst the ProConti teams.

I mean if Saxo don't make the WT, then both Argos and FDJ would be in. Europcar are guaranteed a Tour wild card, as are Cofidis, but realistically where would the ASO find two other teams to put ahead of Saxo?
coldeportes and saur for instance, or even mtn.

aso said that if saxo get's a wt status or not will not change their wildcard policy. which is basically aso terms of saying. without wt status no saxo in the tour. I think they already decided what teams they will give them to.
Old 12-10-12, 13:48

Quote:
Yes I read it,but Aso talks bull**** all the time
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 12-10-12, 14:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Yes I read it,but Aso talks bull**** all the time
like what?
Old 12-10-12, 15:28

Quote:
like what?
Like they wont invite Valverde to FW and Lbl I think 09,ofc finaly he raced them...simple as that - I dont trust them a word.
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 12-10-12, 15:36

Vasil Kiryienka joins Sky from Moviestar
Closed Thread