Sky - Page 969 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-10-12, 16:16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
I watched it.

Still waiting for something of any relevance to the clinic or Sky to emerge from this little guffaw at British cycling
relevance : motivation.
Old 12-10-12, 16:26

Can I just point out that there are plenty of road cycling fans in the UK who have enjoyed the sport for years regardless of the fact that there haven't been many successful riders fro m the home nations. For many of us even now our cycling heroes are not UK riders.

Most of the casual observers and recent converts I know couldn't give a monkey's about team SKY...it's Cav and Wiggo that are the draw. If anything, SKY attracts negative attention because the brand and all it stands for sucks.
Old 12-10-12, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
I watched it.

Still waiting for something of any relevance to the clinic or Sky to emerge from this little guffaw at British cycling
Seems to me like a digression into the popularity of the sport in the UK. The discussion on doping have taken place countless times and will no doubt take place countless times more.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-10-12, 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Seems to me like a digression into the popularity of the sport in the UK. The discussion on doping have taken place countless times and will no doubt take place countless times more.
Well it comes across like a little point-and-laugh at the Brits and their rubbish cyclists, and cycling supporters
Old 12-10-12, 17:11

Seems this thread has been rebranded the Sky depreciation thread..
Fine with me, though I remembers that a couple of months ago all the depreciation threads did get closed..
Old 12-10-12, 17:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
Seems this thread has been rebranded the Sky depreciation thread..
Fine with me, though I remembers that a couple of months ago all the depreciation threads did get closed..
Why the sad face Froome19?

All I ever hear is why these Sky threads should be closed down. Nothing new, old news, no proof, all based on lies.

Alas these threads have a life of their own.

Yates, Rogers, Julich, Tenerife, Leinders. There is just so much to talk about but many here appear like they want it shut down.

I think talking is healthy, is it not?
Old 12-10-12, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Why the sad face Froome19?

All I ever hear is why these Sky threads should be closed down. Nothing new, old news, no proof, all based on lies.

Alas these threads have a life of their own.

Yates, Rogers, Julich, Tenerife, Leinders. There is just so much to talk about but many here appear like they want it shut down.

I think talking is healthy, is it not?
Well you've certainly come up with nothing new, that's for sure.
Back with the same old, well worn dots.

I'm a bit disappointed that you haven't yet managed to weave Wiggins's month at Linda McCartney into the plot.
Old 12-10-12, 19:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1077800

Wiggins/Froome -> Rogers/Yates/Julich(LANCE) -> Tenerife -> Extremem weight loss -> Absurd Tour performances - Doping/Ferrari.
Looking back at the dot connecting. Some see it as a "reach", a "stretch" with no proof.

But now. Rogers, Yates, Julich and Tenerife have been dropped!

I don't think Sky are reading the Clinic but its all very strange.

Doesn't prove my theory but something is up. Why drop them all? and Tenerife?

Quote:
“I guess Lance [Armstrong] was the pioneer in training to race,” said Yates, who raced with Armstrong. “In a grand tour environment, you can train to be good. It’s not the same as the classics, where you have to be in the mix, you have to know the cobbles. In an event like this [Dauphiné] or a grand tour, if you’re going for GC, it’s all about being able to climb, being rested, being trained up and ready. That environment is perfect for that.”
Old 12-10-12, 19:46

Sky have dropped Tenerife?
News to me.
Link please, since I've missed it.

I just thought it was the usual Mallorca pre Christmas, Tenerife in the new year.
Old 12-10-12, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1091125
Looking back at the dot connecting. Some see it as a "reach", a "stretch" with no proof.

But now. Rogers, Yates, Julich and Tenerife have been dropped!

I don't think Sky are reading the Clinic but its all very strange.

Doesn't prove my theory but something is up. Why drop them all? and Tenerife?
Should be an interesting 2013. Also be good to know of Katusha's exit was due to Ekimov. Might explain Sky removing Yates & co.

Right now we need more information from Sky & the UCI.

I assume its coming.

More questions than answers at the moment.