Better Cobblestone rider: Boonen or Cancellara? - Page 22 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Better Cobblestone rider: Boonen or Cancellara?
Boonen 76 52.05%
Cancellara 70 47.95%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-12, 15:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Bad tactical error on Boonen's part, eh? And while Boonen didn't get much help chasing FC, he sure didn't bring him back, did he? If FC had been in Boonen's group at PR this year Boonen never, ever would have went that far out and we all know why.

Pozatto was setting tempo. Had he known Boonen was getting popped there would have been a different result.
Yeah, that's why Pozzato said he went all out on the Paterberg.

Never mind, I see you're just making stuff up now.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/2444/Ronde-...aterberg.dhtml
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-10-12 at 15:29.
Old 12-10-12, 15:32

Must be Pozzato's riding style. He never seems to suffer.
Old 12-10-12, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Yeah, that's why Pozzato said he went all out on the Paterberg.

Never mind, I see you're just making stuff up now.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/2444/Ronde-...aterberg.dhtml
Maybe it's google translate, but Pozatto wasn't quoted in the article.

Even if he said that, what else would he say?... " Yeah, I saw that I had Boonen at his limit... even dropped a few meters. But I decided I'd let up because I feared Ballan."

He never attacked on the Paterberg, just rode hard tempo. Had he known Boonen was on the edge Pipo finds a way to attack.

At any rate, my opinion is just that.
Old 12-10-12, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Maybe it's google translate, but Pozatto wasn't quoted in the article.

Even if he said that, what else would he say?... " Yeah, I saw that I had Boonen at his limit... even dropped a few meters. But I decided I'd let up because I feared Ballan."

He never attacked on the Paterberg, just rode hard tempo. Had he known Boonen was on the edge Pipo finds a way to attack.

At any rate, my opinion is just that.
That's an article about Boonen's gearing problem, not Pozzato. I'll edit my post later when I find that interview.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-10-12, 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
AGR and olympics fair dues.

RVV no because it was a bottle that brought him down.

What happened in e3 2011?

But part of being the best bike handler is that you are constantly taking risks. A **** bike handler like Schleck or Basso meanwhile who knows he will crash if tries anything, takes every corner every descent
I thought he came from behind due to crashes (in E3) but maybe my memory fails me and it was all due to mechanicals (but frankly, being a good bike handler is (in part) also about avoiding mechanicals).
Not being brought down by bottles in feed zone is part of being a good bike handler imo.

So crashing a lot is imperative to being a good bike handler?

And since you bring up Schleck, wouldn't it be fair to say that his (Frank) spectacular TdS crashes (who founded the 'Schlecks are bad bike handlers'-narrative) was due to attacking and taking risks on the descend?
Old 12-10-12, 21:26

boonen and his gearing "problem" I guess you are the only one who still believes that crap
Old 12-10-12, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
boonen and his gearing "problem" I guess you are the only one who still believes that crap
Why would he make excuses when he won the race? You're so quick to judge yet you're the first one to make excuses when one of your favorite riders fail.

I guess you're the only one that believes what you say.
Quote:
Old 12-10-12, 21:55

oh this is typical 4 year old calimero. "let's turn exactly everything the other said around to attack him!"

in dutch: "wat je zegt ben je zelf met je kop door de helft." I don't know if there is an english saying for this but this is what we used to say when we were 4 and el calimero still does it
Old 12-10-12, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
oh this is typical 4 year old calimero. "let's turn exactly everything the other said around to attack him!"

in dutch: "wat je zegt ben je zelf met je kop door de helft." I don't know if there is an english saying for this but this is what we used to say when we were 4 and el calimero still does it
Is that the come-back of a five year old that you copied on a different forum and keep posting here?

It's a genuine observation. You make all kinds of absurd predictions and when they don't come out you come with silly excuses to explain the failures your favorite riders.

It's pure hypocrisy. The only reason I'm turning around what you say is because your guilty of making up excuses for your favorite riders. It's hilarious to see you hating on Boonen for making up excuses when you're even worse than him.

Or you could just admit that you hate Boonen because he's Belgian instead of trying to find reasons to hate him. I think everyone knows why you hate him, stop this little act.
Quote:
Old 12-10-12, 22:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Why would he make excuses when he won the race?
Because he didn't want to acknowledge that he was weaker than Ballan and Pozzato on the hills, I would guess.