UK Anti-Doping investigating Linda McCartney Foods - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-10-12, 18:25

Domino effect

This is the sort of thing some of us are hoping for. However more is needed to get the process moving at pace.
Old 12-10-12, 21:38

Two-time triathlon world champion Spencer Smith was part of this team. He then returned to triathlon and tested positive for nandrolone. Got off on a technicality.
Old 12-11-12, 00:05

ever see his quads? bigger than hoys
Old 12-11-12, 02:00

Fron the road.cc article

However, DeCanio added: “The team definitely knew that some of the riders were dirty. If you wanted to use drugs, you wouldn’t lose your job. Doping wasn’t pushed – they weren’t giving drugs out. The team wanted to hire riders who knew how to dope themselves, did it on their own and who would come to races prepared.”

According to The Times, both DeCanio and the other individuals who have supplied information to it say that while doping was not organised at team level, manager Sean Yates was aware that it was going on at the outfit.

Sounds like we are getting confirmation of Yates' Team Sky approach on "driving the car and looking the other way". Real question is where was Brailsford in all of this. "sitting in front of his PC and instructing PR the other way" perhaps?

And what is Julian Clark's bone with BC/Sky for coming out now? Skeleton's starting to come out now... The sound of bones rattling...

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 12-11-12, 02:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Sounds like we are getting confirmation of Yates' Team Sky approach on "driving the car and looking the other way". Real question is where was Brailsford in all of this. "sitting in front of his PC and instructing PR the other way" perhaps?
Brailsford looks like the operation's beard. None of the press can raise questions about him without impugning the British track program and its results. No one wants to question the track results.
Old 12-11-12, 02:23

Quote:
Fron the road.cc article

However, DeCanio added: “The team definitely knew that some of the riders were dirty. If you wanted to use drugs, you wouldn’t lose your job. Doping wasn’t pushed – they weren’t giving drugs out. The team wanted to hire riders who knew how to dope themselves, did it on their own and who would come to races prepared.”

According to The Times, both DeCanio and the other individuals who have supplied information to it say that while doping was not organised at team level, manager Sean Yates was aware that it was going on at the outfit.

And what is Julian Clark's bone with BC/Sky for coming out now? Skeleton's starting to come out now... The sound of bones rattling...
Nah, Sky said Yates departure had nothing to do with their omertà policy, (oops I mean zero tolerance policy.) Sky wouldn't lie would they?
Old 12-11-12, 03:17

If I added

Quote:
However, DeCanio added: “The team definitely knew that some of the riders were dirty. If you wanted to use drugs, you wouldn’t lose your job. Doping wasn’t pushed – they weren’t giving drugs out. The team wanted to hire riders who knew how to dope themselves, did it on their own and who would come to races prepared....”

...and could show us a clean-looking passport via our internal testing program whilst doing so. Not much point in being ambitious if you can't achieve some ambitious results, right?

Who would I be describing - for another thread, perhaps?
Old 12-12-12, 11:52

As far as I can see there is still no mention of this story on the UK Cycling Weekly site. So much for the Armstrong scam leading to a new era of fearless investigative journalism...
Old 12-12-12, 17:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert21 View Post
As far as I can see there is still no mention of this story on the UK Cycling Weekly site. So much for the Armstrong scam leading to a new era of fearless investigative journalism...
Unless there was an impact in the world of organised fun rides / sportives then they most likely aren't interested.

CW don't have much interest in any British related doping.
Old 12-19-12, 03:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert21 View Post
There is a reason that it is popularly known as the comic