Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 410 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-10-12, 20:48
Administrator

maybe they will send all 3? noval, morkov and tosatto i mean. would be a good decision as contador will be under a lot of pressure at next years tour and saxo can't afford to have crashed and misplacement affect his performance like it happened in 2011.

roche, CAS, Paulinho, Rogers and hernandes would still be more then enough as mountain doms imo no need to overkill it and ruin the tour with crashes.
Old 12-10-12, 20:49
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
Wouldnt be surprised if hé was set to guide young Majka through the Giro
i was expecting to see nicki sorensen and bennati doing that job to be honest.
Old 12-10-12, 20:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
i was expecting to see nicki sorensen and bennati doing that job to be honest.
Ye you are likely right, though Nicki will also ride his own chance to go for a stage to fill the GT barn. And Bennati might contest the sprints but ye those 2 should bring enough experience.

I also agree that Saxo must be strong on the flats to keep Contador on front and out of harm. That said I dó expect Kreuziger to be on the lineup. Riis got a positive problem this year

Last edited by Cimber; 12-10-12 at 21:02.
Old 12-10-12, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
Ye you are likely right, though Nicki will also ride his own chance to go for a stage to fill the GT barn. And Bennati might contest the sprints but ye those 2 should bring enough experience.

I also agree that Saxo most be strong on the flats to keep Contador on front and out of harm
maybe Tosatto will ride il giro to lead out Bennati in the sprints
Old 12-10-12, 22:25

I would say there's nothing in the Tour for Breschel: there are worse riders with a stage win but Saxo won't be stage hunting anyway. Classics is where he's due.
Old 12-11-12, 01:17

Old 12-11-12, 02:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forunculo View Post

Radamel and Velasco!
Old 12-11-12, 02:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevim View Post
I would say there's nothing in the Tour for Breschel: there are worse riders with a stage win but Saxo won't be stage hunting anyway. Classics is where he's due.
I'm sure Saxo-Bank would be very happy to see the teams key Danish riders at the tour though. Both Breschel and Mørkøv would be pretty handy for running interferance and forcing the sprinter teams to drive the peloton. Keeping some pressure on the weaker GT teams all helps in the end. Whether it's the best sporting descicion to bring them is debatable of course.

The only thing that is sure is that the team needs it's other riders to make up for Alberto's points not counting so we don't end up outside the top 15 again. As such, I won't be surprised to see some interesting team lineups and even the tradition of twin captains returning for the Giro and Vuelta.

Wouldn't it also be polite to let the all Italians fly the team colours at the Giro again?

Should be an exciting year...
Old 12-11-12, 05:19

Old 12-11-12, 09:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
as if the guy that was the most important piece in his vuelta winning move and has ridden like 4 or 5 GT with contador wouldn't be selected. . .
Oh how can I forgot Paulinho,he will be in thats for sure..so maybe Roche is out.
Kreuziger is in Im 100% sure.He said its his main goal to win Tour with Alberto in interview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English