Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 411 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-11-12, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdluz7 View Post
Oh god Piti has almost +2 size bigger suit than he has normal
Purito not so happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 12-11-12, 09:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Purito not so happy
Purito has gained more weight than Wiggo
Old 12-11-12, 10:25

Quote:
Oh how can I forgot Paulinho,he will be in thats for sure..so maybe Roche is out.
Kreuziger is in Im 100% sure.He said its his main goal to win Tour with Alberto in interview
So did Roche. He was pretty clear that helping Contador would be his main role for the year, rather than riding for his own chances. It would be very odd if they ended up using him in some other capacity.

Saxo will have to balance sporting criteria with (a) keeping Contador happy by including his friends and perhaps (b) keeping the sponsors happy by including extra Danes. There's not much point in strengthening this much if they are still going to pack the squad with Danes and the Amigos of Alberto anyway though. That said, they won't have all of Kreuziger, Rogers and Roche around Contador from race to race all year long, in the Sky style, because they will need some or all of those guys to earn points elsewhere.

Last edited by Zinoviev Letter; 12-11-12 at 10:34.
Old 12-11-12, 10:34

Quote:
Purito not so happy
Uhm, Valverde is probably the skinniest looking guy in that picture. Also looks kinda old-ish.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-11-12, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinoviev Letter View Post
So did Roche. He was pretty clear that helping Contador would be his main role for the year, rather than riding for his own chances. It would be very odd if they ended up using him in some other capacity.

Saxo will have to balance sporting criteria with (a) keeping Contador happy by including his friends and perhaps (b) keeping the sponsors happy by including extra Danes. There's not much point in strengthening this much if they are still going to pack the squad with Danes and the Amigos of Alberto anyway though. That said, they won't have all of Kreuziger, Rogers and Roche around Contador from race to race all year long, in the Sky style, because they will need some or all of those guys to earn points elsewhere.
Riis Cycling have in the past entered the Tour without ANY Danes or only a single one.

My guess would be:

Contador
Kreuziger
Roche
Rogers
Chris Anker Sørensen
Jesus
Paulinho
Mørkøv
Noval

And for the Giro:

Majka
Bennati
Tosatto
Boaro
+ others
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 12-11-12, 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinoviev Letter View Post

Last I checked at least half of those sponsors is now some crazy guy who only cares about winning. I don't see why selecting a Dane, let alone more, will be needed.
Old 12-11-12, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchsmurf View Post
Last I checked at least half of those sponsors is now some crazy guy who only cares about winning. I don't see why selecting a Dane, let alone more, will be needed.
Why is he crazy? Because he doesn't know who rides for Argos?
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-11-12, 11:47

His PR manager will probably explain to you why he's crazy

His comments, just days before the decision on the WT license, were really stupid. You want to create goodwill, not sound like a deluded moron.
Old 12-11-12, 11:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
His PR manager will probably explain to you why he's crazy

His comments, just days before the decision on the WT license, were really stupid. You want to create goodwill, not sound like a deluded moron.
Being a jerk is not the same as being crazy.

Goodwill? Tinkov knew he had the license before today. UCI is probably not too different from Russian politics.
Quote:
Old 12-11-12, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchsmurf View Post
In the end sponsors cares about exposure. When a team wins the sponsor gets maximum return. If there are no potential winners on the team, nationalistic stuff often get prioritized.