Better Cobblestone rider: Boonen or Cancellara? - Page 29 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Better Cobblestone rider: Boonen or Cancellara?
Boonen 76 52.05%
Cancellara 70 47.95%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #281  
Old 12-11-12, 16:11
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Personally voted Boonen this time, but mostly because of his results in RVV and P-R and his performance this year. Should Cancellara come back in '13 and crush Boonen in RVV and P-R perhaps I will vote differently. Dunno. Again my point is which way the majority will vote.
Topic is about 2002(Boonen's first podium in a major classic)-2012 though. If Cancellara beats Boonen next year than so be it, but it won't change my opinion that in the period mentioned here Boonen was the better of the two most of the time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 12-11-12, 16:24
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Topic is about 2002(Boonen's first podium in a major classic)-2012 though. If Cancellara beats Boonen next year than so be it, but it won't change my opinion that in the period mentioned here Boonen was the better of the two most of the time.
we all know your opinion will never change
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 12-11-12, 16:25
Echoes Echoes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
I think FC has more raw horsepower than does Boonen and I think they both know it. FC rides like he can do anything he wants, anytime he wants. Boonen rides to conserve until its time to race, which is smart.
About what I said earlier. Cancellara has more power but Boonen is technically better.

Actually, Cancellara is Merckx and Boonen: De Vlaeminck (and that's kind to Boonen, lol).


For the readers, I'd like to mention that De Vlaeminck does not give a damn about his record being tied. He's 65 and a 65 year old has many other things to care about than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant12 View Post
I think Boonen is the smarter one on the cobbles. Not to mention he has a better team built around him than Cancellara has.
On the cobbles it's everyman for himself anyway. (Says De Vlaeminck lol)
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 12-11-12, 16:40
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
About what I said earlier. Cancellara has more power but Boonen is technically better.

Actually, Cancellara is Merckx and Boonen: De Vlaeminck (and that's kind to Boonen, lol).


For the readers, I'd like to mention that De Vlaeminck does not give a damn about his record being tied. He's 65 and a 65 year old has many other things to care about than this.



On the cobbles it's everyman for himself anyway. (Says De Vlaeminck lol)
then you clearly don't know de vlaeminck
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 12-11-12, 16:47
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
About what I said earlier. Cancellara has more power but Boonen is technically better.

Actually, Cancellara is Merckx and Boonen: De Vlaeminck (and that's kind to Boonen, lol).


For the readers, I'd like to mention that De Vlaeminck does not give a damn about his record being tied. He's 65 and a 65 year old has many other things to care about than this.



On the cobbles it's everyman for himself anyway. (Says De Vlaeminck lol)
I'd say the gap between RDV and Boonen is a lot smaller than the gap between Merckx and Cancellara.

Roger de Vlaeminck only won the Ronde van Vlaanderen once in 1977 and had to pay Freddy Maertens to tow him to victory... Not a very decent victory and he knows it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 12-12-12, 19:29
Echoes Echoes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,574
Default

Those Dutchies.

Always know everything better than anyone else ...
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 12-12-12, 22:58
ElChingon's Avatar
ElChingon ElChingon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: En el Internet, and Hiding from the UCI
Posts: 5,834
Default

So where do we go from here? Do we continue on to the next rider and have a VS thread per rider till the new season starts?
__________________
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
Points: 10 CN Infraction Points
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 12-12-12, 23:41
Afrank's Avatar
Afrank Afrank is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
So where do we go from here? Do we continue on to the next rider and have a VS thread per rider till the new season starts?
That is exactly what we should do. Got to get through the off season somehow.

Only question is who is next? Pinot vs. Quintana? Contador vs. Froome? Valverde vs. Purito?
__________________
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 12-12-12, 23:47
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 23,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
That is exactly what we should do. Got to get through the off season somehow.

Only question is who is next? Pinot vs. Quintana?
Dude, that was like 1 week ago. I can understand if you missed it though since its that annoying guy who thinks anyone under 22 is guaranteed to win a gt, giving it some confusing title.

Personally the ones i like best are Cancellara vs Cav on 200km flat, or navy seals vs pro cyclist etc.
__________________
The Hitch: 3rd place week 43 2014 cq game. Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 12-12-12, 23:54
Afrank's Avatar
Afrank Afrank is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8,813
Default

I know, just throwing out some examples.
__________________
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.