Better Cobblestone rider: Boonen or Cancellara? - Page 29 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Better Cobblestone rider: Boonen or Cancellara?
Boonen 76 52.05%
Cancellara 70 47.95%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-12, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Personally voted Boonen this time, but mostly because of his results in RVV and P-R and his performance this year. Should Cancellara come back in '13 and crush Boonen in RVV and P-R perhaps I will vote differently. Dunno. Again my point is which way the majority will vote.
Topic is about 2002(Boonen's first podium in a major classic)-2012 though. If Cancellara beats Boonen next year than so be it, but it won't change my opinion that in the period mentioned here Boonen was the better of the two most of the time.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-11-12, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Topic is about 2002(Boonen's first podium in a major classic)-2012 though. If Cancellara beats Boonen next year than so be it, but it won't change my opinion that in the period mentioned here Boonen was the better of the two most of the time.
we all know your opinion will never change
Old 12-11-12, 16:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
I think FC has more raw horsepower than does Boonen and I think they both know it. FC rides like he can do anything he wants, anytime he wants. Boonen rides to conserve until its time to race, which is smart.
About what I said earlier. Cancellara has more power but Boonen is technically better.

Actually, Cancellara is Merckx and Boonen: De Vlaeminck (and that's kind to Boonen, lol).

For the readers, I'd like to mention that De Vlaeminck does not give a damn about his record being tied. He's 65 and a 65 year old has many other things to care about than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant12 View Post
I think Boonen is the smarter one on the cobbles. Not to mention he has a better team built around him than Cancellara has.
On the cobbles it's everyman for himself anyway. (Says De Vlaeminck lol)
Old 12-11-12, 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
About what I said earlier. Cancellara has more power but Boonen is technically better.

Actually, Cancellara is Merckx and Boonen: De Vlaeminck (and that's kind to Boonen, lol).

For the readers, I'd like to mention that De Vlaeminck does not give a damn about his record being tied. He's 65 and a 65 year old has many other things to care about than this.

then you clearly don't know de vlaeminck
Old 12-11-12, 16:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post

I'd say the gap between RDV and Boonen is a lot smaller than the gap between Merckx and Cancellara.

Roger de Vlaeminck only won the Ronde van Vlaanderen once in 1977 and had to pay Freddy Maertens to tow him to victory... Not a very decent victory and he knows it.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-12-12, 19:29

Those Dutchies.

Always know everything better than anyone else ...
Old 12-12-12, 22:58

So where do we go from here? Do we continue on to the next rider and have a VS thread per rider till the new season starts?
Old 12-12-12, 23:41
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
So where do we go from here? Do we continue on to the next rider and have a VS thread per rider till the new season starts?
That is exactly what we should do. Got to get through the off season somehow.

Only question is who is next? Pinot vs. Quintana? Contador vs. Froome? Valverde vs. Purito?

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-12-12, 23:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
That is exactly what we should do. Got to get through the off season somehow.

Only question is who is next? Pinot vs. Quintana?
Dude, that was like 1 week ago. I can understand if you missed it though since its that annoying guy who thinks anyone under 22 is guaranteed to win a gt, giving it some confusing title.

Personally the ones i like best are Cancellara vs Cav on 200km flat, or navy seals vs pro cyclist etc.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-12-12, 23:54
Administrator

I know, just throwing out some examples.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"