New Jerseys - 2013 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues-and-Exotics - Page 11 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-11-12, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
also is that a shimano gruppo?
Yup. DA 7970.

I'm wondering how many teams will be on DA 9000 or 9070 for next season.
Old 12-11-12, 13:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
World Champ jersey has specific UCI rules. I think they're great jerseys for their national countries.

Integrating your national flag into a jersey only works well when you have a tricolor flag design.
I understand, for some countries it's harder than for others. But these days teams like leopard and movistar even screw up the tricolores..
Old 12-11-12, 13:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Yup. DA 7970.

I'm wondering how many teams will be on DA 9000 or 9070 for next season.
That's their training bike.
The race bikes will have Di2 9070.

By what we've seen so far it seems that Shimano is giving the 9070 to all WT teams and the mechanical 9000 to Pro Conti (see IAM's Scott).
Old 12-11-12, 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Soldier View Post
These are awful. This is in no way how a national champion jersey has to look like. The concept is not that hard: take your national flag, and try to integrate the sponsors somehow. But these days it's more like: take your team jersey with sponsors, and try to fit in some of you national colors.
What an odd comment.

1) Three of the five national champions jerseys do in fact integrate the national flag. They use a part of the Japanese, South Korean and Canadian flags, which is perfectly reasonable.

2) Of the other two, the shamrock has always been preferred to the national flag on the Irish champion's jersey. It's traditional. The Chinese flag doesn't really lend itself to a jersey, given that it's an expanse of red with some small detailing in one corner.

3) More generally, while certain tricolours can be relatively easily turned into a jersey, as essentially a flag with sleeves, loads of national flags simply don't work in that format. What's more, in countries without a tradition of slightly modified flags as sports jerseys, turning one into clothes and sticking some sponsor's corporate logo may be seen as less than respectful, so a nod towards that flag or towards a national emblem may be a better option.

These are exactly the opposite of the recent trend towards mangling national jerseys to preserve corporate colours. They are an attempt to give a strong visual identity to national champions while also keeping a design connection to the team. I think they work well. Certainly, that's one of the best Irish jerseys I've seen for many years.
Old 12-11-12, 15:35

NSP-Ghost

A bit greener...

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...62285752_o.jpg

Last edited by Parrulo; 12-11-12 at 22:36.
Old 12-11-12, 18:48

Heinrich just posted this on his Facebook
Old 12-11-12, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
World Champ jersey has specific UCI rules. I think they're great jerseys for their national countries.

Integrating your national flag into a jersey only works well when you have a tricolor flag design.
For some of those I prefer the white-with-small-flag-bands. The German national jersey, for example, is usually excellent as long as Radioshack don't have it. Reimer's Cervélo German kit and especially Wegmann's Gerolsteiner one are classics.

However, national flags on jerseys don't only work well with tricolors. Scandinavian crosses, for example, lead to some great jerseys too. And Switzerland - Elmiger's and Cancellara's recent kits have both been excellent.

I didn't think you could screw up a Scandinavian cross kit, but Kristoff and Boasson Hagen have both been given utter crap to wear this year.

Another one I really liked: Kuschynski's Katyusha Belarus kit.

Forever tête de la course.
Old 12-11-12, 20:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
For some of those I prefer the white-with-small-flag-bands. The German national jersey, for example, is usually excellent as long as Radioshack don't have it. Reimer's Cervélo German kit and especially Wegmann's Gerolsteiner one are classics.

However, national flags on jerseys don't only work well with tricolors. Scandinavian crosses, for example, lead to some great jerseys too. And Switzerland - Elmiger's and Cancellara's recent kits have both been excellent.

I didn't think you could screw up a Scandinavian cross kit, but Kristoff and Boasson Hagen have both been given utter crap to wear this year.

Another one I really liked: Kuschynski's Katyusha Belarus kit.
Are you talking about Cancellara's 2010 jersey? Because I really hated his 2012 jersey.

I think the reason why you don't see fully integrated German National jerseys is because it would be too confusing with the Belgian champ jersey.

horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-11-12 at 20:33.
Old 12-11-12, 20:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinoviev Letter View Post

Japanese, Chinese, South Korean, Canadian and Irish national champions jerseys. I like these.
This post is reason alone to revive my Nat Champs jersey thread. Magnificent.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 12-11-12, 21:39

Possible Jersey :