Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-11-12, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
You were talking grand tours and people getting sick/injured, not about the classics. GT-wise OPQS wasn't very good.
I'm also curious about Janse van Rensburg, he's got classics potential as well. Argos have several young guys who have yet to show their full potential.
People can get sick during the classics as well. I was speaking about GTs in particular, but really Argos lacks depth all across the board, not just in GTs. And you also ignored the fact they have Cavendish know who has won multiple Tour stages since 2008. Tony Martin is also a lot better than anything Argos has for the time trials.

A lot of teams have several young guys with potential. I don't know the average age of the OPQS team, but it will be very low.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-11-12, 20:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye Bicycle View Post
I think I've heard recently that 2013 only Degenkolb will do the Tour. That leaves Kittel for the Vuelta and either of them or/and RJvR for the Giro. So I see no problem there. They will be able to win stages in all three GTs.

I really don't get all the hate here for Argos. They have won countless races and will do so in the future. They have signed some of the most interesting U23 and CT talents. They are absolutely scandal-free so far. What's not to like about them?
I think I heard somewhere that Kittel and Degenkolb might both do the Tour, I might be wrong about that though.

I'd say some of the hate for Argos probably has to do with, like Netserk said, them being kind of a boring team. And also partly due to Argos being in competition with Saxo for the WT spot before it was announced. Personally I've got no problem with them, I think they deserve to be in the world tour, Degenkolb is a great talent, and I hope they can develop Barguil and their other young talents.