New Jerseys - 2013 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues-and-Exotics - Page 12 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-11-12, 21:42
Banned

If no money goes chicken it's bianco bezirk or else Adiós¡
Old 12-11-12, 21:53

Jebus what an ugly combo.
Old 12-11-12, 21:57

I'm reminded of a certain Dutch brand of detergent
Old 12-11-12, 22:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Are you talking about Cancellara's 2010 jersey? Because I really hated his 2012 jersey.

I think the reason why you don't see fully integrated German National jerseys is because it would be too confusing with the Belgian champ jersey.
Of course I was talking about the 2009-10 jersey. I had actually forgotten he was the Swiss champ in 2012, that's how bad that jersey was.

I think the reason for no fully integrated German national jersey is not that (after all, the same could apply for all manner of Slavic national jerseys with the similar white-blue-red colour scheme, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, Latvia and Austria, Moldova and Romania etc), but more that, apart from in the wintersports where black is the dominating colour, most German sporting uniforms (football, athletics etc) tend to be white with the black-red-gold detail on that. It means the cycling jersey is unmistakably German, unified with other German national uniform, whilst still retaining the simplicity of the white-with-national-bands look.

Until Radioshack came and screwed it all up.

Forever tte de la course.
Old 12-11-12, 22:37
Administrator

edited bye bye bicycle's post as the image was just too big and was messing up the page. if you want to can resize it and edit the post with the smaller image there.
Old 12-11-12, 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Of course I was talking about the 2009-10 jersey. I had actually forgotten he was the Swiss champ in 2012, that's how bad that jersey was.

I think the reason for no fully integrated German national jersey is not that (after all, the same could apply for all manner of Slavic national jerseys with the similar white-blue-red colour scheme, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, Latvia and Austria, Moldova and Romania etc), but more that, apart from in the wintersports where black is the dominating colour, most German sporting uniforms (football, athletics etc) tend to be white with the black-red-gold detail on that. It means the cycling jersey is unmistakably German, unified with other German national uniform, whilst still retaining the simplicity of the white-with-national-bands look.

Until Radioshack came and screwed it all up.
I believe you are right, but strictly speaking what you are comparing with are the national team's jerseys (for WC and Olympics). For some countries the national champs jersey is usually pretty similar to the national team jersey, while for others like Italia, they use the tricolore for the national champ but the traditional azzurri jersey for the team. Same for Belgium, and GB. While the Scandinavian countries tend to have national team jerseys quite similar to the the national champ jersey.
Old 12-11-12, 23:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanari View Post
I believe you are right, but strictly speaking what you are comparing with are the national team's jerseys (for WC and Olympics). For some countries the national champs jersey is usually pretty similar to the national team jersey, while for others like Italia, they use the tricolore for the national champ but the traditional azzurri jersey for the team. Same for Belgium, and GB. While the Scandinavian countries tend to have national team jerseys quite similar to the the national champ jersey.
Indeed, but nevertheless if I saw a great big tricolor of black, red and gold I wouldn't actually identify that as being representative of Germany as quickly as the white jersey with the German flag bands around the middle, because that national jersey (both the vertical stripes of the national team kit and the horizontal stripes of the national champion's kit) are ingrained as being the colours of Germany in sport. A big tricolor works with some countries (Belgium, Italy, France, Estonia), but with Germany it would seem somehow wrong, gaudy and ostentatious; German designs have always been about incorporating the national flag within a simple, classic white and black; long may that continue.

Forever tte de la course.
Old 12-12-12, 06:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
but more that, apart from in the wintersports where black is the dominating colour, most German sporting uniforms (football, athletics etc) tend to be white with the black-red-gold detail on that. It means the cycling jersey is unmistakably German, unified with other German national uniform, whilst still retaining the simplicity of the white-with-national-bands look.
Indeed, a bit like with the Australians
Old 12-12-12, 11:08

White label team
Old 12-12-12, 12:29