Tom Danielson - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-12-12, 00:43

Default Tom Danielson

I've never created a new thread before, so please bear with me.

To quote CyclingNews new article: "...riders within the sport made the decision years ago to change the sport and you guys are all writing about that now... And the reason why the riders have changed the sport and the reason why we're talking about it now is to make sure it never, ever happens again. That if your kid gets on a bike and dreams about being a professional cyclist he'll never have to make a bad decision ever again. If he wants to be a professional cyclist he knows this is a great sport for him, great for his body, great for his family, great for his fans."

Wow.

Mr Danielson. When did the riders make this decision? Was it during a retreat at Tenerife? What did you decide? Was it consensus? Who was present?

As to the rest: nothing has changed. If it has, please tell me what, when and how it has changed. Who changed it? Why did you change it?

This article makes me angry. Mr Danielson has enefitted personally from criminal behaviour and wants to tell you that although he needed to take dangerous drugs to make it, your kids don't need to. Trust him and get your kids into the cesspool of cycling. It'll be good for them. Honest.

Look: "we want our bad-*** sport to be a great sport for everybody: professional athletes, aspiring professional athletes, kids, parents, everybody."

Seriously ****ed at Tom Danielson,
John Swanson

PS - How much did you earn as a pro cyclist?
Old 12-12-12, 00:54

Insufficient data for correlation, but look at the team he is on.
Old 12-12-12, 02:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceIsCool View Post
Mr Danielson. When did the riders make this decision? Was it during a retreat at Tenerife? What did you decide? Was it consensus? Who was present?
I doubt it was at Tenerife because evidently Sky missed the meeting.

I would like to know when this agreement supposedly took effect. Dr. Ferrari's business does not seem to have been affected. None of these guys had a problem with Armstrong trying to dope his way to a Tour win in 2009 and 2010.

I am also having a hard time believing they did it for the children.
Old 12-12-12, 03:16

This is a clever variation on "cleanest peloton ever.". Working the kids in was brilliant. This is clever PR. Either tom has a second career making excuses for scumbags or Pat's PR hire is paying off!

I think cycling is great for kids, but the uci's system is run by and for reinforcing amoral predators. Take a bow TD!

How about all those clean riders you cheated to stay in the system? What about them?

Last edited by DirtyWorks; 12-12-12 at 03:27. Reason: clarity
Old 12-12-12, 03:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceIsCool View Post
I've never created a new thread before, so please bear with me.

To quote CyclingNews new article: "...riders within the sport made the decision years ago to change the sport and you guys are all writing about that now... And the reason why the riders have changed the sport and the reason why we're talking about it now is to make sure it never, ever happens again. That if your kid gets on a bike and dreams about being a professional cyclist he'll never have to make a bad decision ever again. If he wants to be a professional cyclist he knows this is a great sport for him, great for his body, great for his family, great for his fans."

Wow.

As to the rest: nothing has changed. If it has, please tell me what, when and how it has changed. Who changed it? Why did you change it?

This article makes me angry. Mr Danielson has enefitted personally from criminal behaviour and wants to tell you that although he needed to take dangerous drugs to make it, your kids don't need to. Trust him and get your kids into the cesspool of cycling. It'll be good for them. Honest.

Look: "we want our bad-*** sport to be a great sport for everybody: professional athletes, aspiring professional athletes, kids, parents, everybody."

Seriously ****ed at Tom Danielson,
John Swanson

PS - How much did you earn as a pro cyclist?
Great post here ,john, as it pretty exactly sums up my feelings when I read the article.
I've been disgusted at the PR coming out of the Danielson/Dempsey duo re exclusive camps and cushy lifestyles....made possible by doping.

I'm not seeing much in the way of penance or shame for what he did to be a successful cyclist.

Bad taste
Old 12-12-12, 03:29

TommyD is my hero. For this article I hope JV gives him a raise.

Go Tommy! Go JV!

The sport is so much better for the both of you.
Old 12-12-12, 03:37

Can't these guys' suspensions apply to talking to the press as well as racing. The least they could do is STFU for a few months.
Old 12-12-12, 04:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Can't these guys' suspensions apply to talking to the press as well as racing. The least they could do is STFU for a few months.
Maybe they'll tack on a few more months now.
Old 12-12-12, 04:39

I note the full article gets in at least 3 separate charities that he is supporting as well as promoting his book and cycling camps. The cycling camps double as a charity. That's pretty much the full hit:-

Reference to Confession
Self-congratulations for his own bravery and vision at changing the sport for the better
Book
Charity Work
Promotion of Business Interests
No negative comments about anyone else

Very good PR

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/susp...on-for-cycling

Last edited by wirral; 12-12-12 at 04:40. Reason: Add link
Old 12-12-12, 04:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Did Tommy D say anything until he was suspended for being a cheating, lying doper?