2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours - Page 7 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-12-12, 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltiv View Post
Sky's lineup for TDU: EBH, Sutton, G, Hayman, Eisel, Rowe, Stannard.

I'm very surprised EBH is going, after Beijing he said that he'd start the 2013 season later since he had as long a season as one can have in 2012 (start in TDU, end in Beijing). I don't know if he's changed his mind or if he's being "forced".

I really think he should have started in Qatar or Oman instead. Not only are they better preparation for the classics, but they'd also bring more opportunities to get victories. In TDU there are lots of Australians who for some reason peak for the TDU (only to get the rest of the season ruined - see Matthews every year) so it's hard for foreigners to do much.

No chance in hell that he can compete with Boonen and Cancellara on the long cobbles this coming spring.
An early form would give him a peak that could help him win races like omloop and M-SR; obtainable victories at this point of his career.
Old 12-12-12, 14:12

Alberto: San Luis and then the big surprise Tour of Oman
Old 12-12-12, 14:12

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2013...oute-presented

Disappointing.
Old 12-12-12, 14:26

same as last year? that route was great. although maybe too hard
Old 12-12-12, 14:53

I really didn't find it that great. It missed 'something'.. It wasn't bad, mind you, just don't see the change of the route as an upgrade from the previous route.
Old 12-12-12, 15:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by velosiped View Post
No chance in hell that he can compete with Boonen and Cancellara on the long cobbles this coming spring.
An early form would give him a peak that could help him win races like omloop and M-SR; obtainable victories at this point of his career.
Indeed. Actually EBH is going for both TDU and Qatar, which is quite unusual. Seems like Sky thinks he needs a lot of racing to get into shape. I guess they're basing it on the fact that EBH just got better and better throughout 2012 with a lot of racing in his legs. It might work, but it might also just lead to a way too early peak..

Peaking for M-SR wouldn't be such a bad idea though, it's the classic he has by far the greatest chance of winning imo.
Old 12-12-12, 15:05

he doesn't stand a chance of winning any classic. by now we can savely say he doesn't have the engine.
Old 12-12-12, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
he doesn't stand a chance of winning any classic. by now we can savely say he doesn't have the engine.
atleast not the cobble classics. In the WC it looked like he could be a contender for races like AGR and San Sebastian perhaps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 12-12-12, 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
atleast not the cobble classics. In the WC it looked like he could be a contender for races like AGR and San Sebastian perhaps
the wc can't be compared to any classic, it's a circuit at the end of a year. classics are way harder on endurance
Old 12-12-12, 15:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by velosiped View Post
After watching his immense strength at Plouay and then the World Champs if he can be in form for the Classics (something he has struggled to achieve) then I would not put it past him to mix it with the big boys. Not to say I believe he will do it, but EBH's strength when on form sometimes just astounds me and seems to be a bit reminiscent of Cancellara.