Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 415 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4141  
Old 12-12-12, 15:47
Forunculo's Avatar
Forunculo Forunculo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,632
Default

Contador won't ride one day races as the ardennes. he'll focus on stage races because are where he makes the differences.

That's inmportant for secondary leaders as Roche, CAS or Kreuziger to stay at Saxo.


About why Oman and not Algarve... money offered to Saxo to bring Alberto, unfortunately Algarve can't match that and it's a pity, but Saxo has Paulinho and Pires who are important riders in Portugal

Last edited by Forunculo; 12-12-12 at 15:49.
Reply With Quote
  #4142  
Old 12-12-12, 15:59
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 17,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forunculo View Post
Contador won't ride one day races as the ardennes. he'll focus on stage races because are where he makes the differences.

That's inmportant for secondary leaders as Roche, CAS or Kreuziger to stay at Saxo.


About why Oman and not Algarve... money offered to Saxo to bring Alberto, unfortunately Algarve can't match that and it's a pity, but Saxo has Paulinho and Pires who are important riders in Portugal
Indeed he doesn't have a chance in 99% of the one day races
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #4143  
Old 12-12-12, 16:27
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 17,427
Default

“Contador will be back in the Tour next year,” said Sky’s 2012 Tour winner Bradley Wiggins. “Alberto changes any races he’s in.”

“Alberto will be back next year and you know he will be extra motivated to win,” 2011 Tour winner Cadel Evans (BMC Racing) said at the Tour presentation in October. “He is always a hard competitor. He always races to win.”
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #4144  
Old 12-12-12, 16:54
Angliru's Avatar
Angliru Angliru is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
“Contador will be back in the Tour next year,” said Sky’s 2012 Tour winner Bradley Wiggins. “Alberto changes any races he’s in.”

“Alberto will be back next year and you know he will be extra motivated to win,” 2011 Tour winner Cadel Evans (BMC Racing) said at the Tour presentation in October. “He is always a hard competitor. He always races to win.”
Where are these quotes from?
__________________
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
Reply With Quote
  #4145  
Old 12-12-12, 16:58
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 17,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Where are these quotes from?
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...-return_268727
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #4146  
Old 12-12-12, 17:00
Angliru's Avatar
Angliru Angliru is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Thanks! Good to see him getting his due respect from his peers.
__________________
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
Reply With Quote
  #4147  
Old 12-12-12, 17:35
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Where are these quotes from?
simply wishful thinking by wiggins. he's dead scared of him and this shows it. for the sake of hating wigo alone I want contador to do the giro
Reply With Quote
  #4148  
Old 12-12-12, 17:42
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 23,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Indeed he doesn't have a chance in 99% of the one day races
He has a chance in any 1 day race race that is hilly and of moderate to hard level difficulty.

Which is like 30% not 1%.
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons
When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #4149  
Old 12-12-12, 17:49
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 23,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Thanks! Good to see him getting his due respect from his peers.
Why couldnt he ****ing have said it a year ago. The whole reason ive hated Wiggins this whole time and why ive had a very painful 2012 season is because of derrogatory comments he made about Contador last year
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons
When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #4150  
Old 12-12-12, 17:50
RHRH19861986 RHRH19861986 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Germany, Europe
Posts: 976
Default

Now that Armstrong´s seven victories are deleted, i think Contador could try to go for six. I think he will skip Vuelta and Giro in most of his remaining years.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.