Tom Danielson - Page 4 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-12-12, 20:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbins View Post
Maybe you should find riders that each season struggled for a contract and maybe even gave up the sport whilst Danielson was kept on at Garmin.
I'd pay money for that. But, the problem as always, we don't know if the rider is actually clean until it's way, way too late. The UCI and their member federations assist in making things as difficult to examine as possible.

And that would be the story line all the way through, assuming you can find a clean one.
Old 12-12-12, 20:43

Vaughters is not amused (tweet):

One interview I won't be tweeting is the Tom Danielson one. Good grief... *shaking head*
Old 12-12-12, 22:50

Default JV and Tommy D

These guys need their own TV show.

"The Misadventures of JV and Tommy D"

Tom goes around and opens his mouth on just about any topic - from "preaching" cycling and being "transparent" to shooting for 7 w/kg at lactate threshold and crushing Vino on the Vuelta climbs - and Vaughters has to swoop in on twitter to reprimand Tommy with hilarious analogies such as the one linking his mental faculties to a flat tire.

The great thing is these guys are just being themselves, so I fully expect the misadventures to continue.
Old 12-12-12, 22:53

Default I almost forgot...

...with a drunken Rick Crawford rant every episode or three throwing in a curveball.
Old 12-12-12, 23:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennf1 View Post
Vaughters is not amused (tweet):

One interview I won't be tweeting is the Tom Danielson one. Good grief... *shaking head*
Please compile a timeline containing:

1. publish date of interview
2. creation of CN anti-TommyD thread
3. tweets from JV

Thanks.

I would, but Mr "ex-dopers must apologise to the fans" has blocked me on twitter and I can't be bothered logging out to check his tweets.

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 12-12-12 at 23:14.
Old 12-12-12, 23:13

A little logic game if anyone would care to play:

Q: Did JV know TD was going to do this interview?

JV is in damage control mode. It *looks* like he didn't have a clue.

TD therefore can do what he likes, he does not have to check with JV. And what's more pertinent: JV is not there, physically, to see or hear what his rider is doing.

Now replace interview with "doping".

JV's argument has been "I test my riders. I have seen 100s of blood profiles, therefore I am an expert. I know they are clean.". Even though he could not explain elevated retics in Ryder's last TT day blood values, and hopped from reason to reason, contradicting himself in the process. Even though the BP can be easily beaten.

I've been thinking on these things, and believe this is the same as saying, "I have seen 1000s of women, therefore I am an expert on women". Clearly a logical fallacy.

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 12-12-12 at 23:20.
Old 12-12-12, 23:16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3R1T4S View Post
These guys need their own TV show.

"The Misadventures of JV and Tommy D"

Tom goes around and opens his mouth on just about any topic - from "preaching" cycling and being "transparent" to shooting for 7 w/kg at lactate threshold and crushing Vino on the Vuelta climbs - and Vaughters has to swoop in on twitter to reprimand Tommy with hilarious analogies such as the one linking his mental faculties to a flat tire.

The great thing is these guys are just being themselves, so I fully expect the misadventures to continue.
...with the Benny Hill tune as the show's official music.

I don't have anything against TD or even his doping. Although I am sure there is an urge to rush out and attempt to repair their public images, he and the others would be wise to lie low for a while. At least let the next season start so there is plenty of other cycling news to bury any PR missteps.
Old 12-13-12, 04:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post

JV's argument has been "I test my riders. I have seen 100s of blood profiles, therefore I am an expert. I know they are clean.". Even though he could not explain elevated retics in Ryder's last TT day blood values, and hopped from reason to reason, contradicting himself in the process. Even though the BP can be easily beaten.
hmm. we know why the retics were up. The measurement device was incorrectly calibrated, what are you Dear Wiggo, stupid or something?
Old 12-13-12, 04:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
A little logic game if anyone would care to play:

Q: Did JV know TD was going to do this interview?

JV is in damage control mode. It *looks* like he didn't have a clue.

TD therefore can do what he likes, he does not have to check with JV. And what's more pertinent: JV is not there, physically, to see or hear what his rider is doing.

Now replace interview with "doping".

I've been thinking on these things, and believe this is the same as saying, "I have seen 1000s of women, therefore I am an expert on women". Clearly a logical fallacy.
JV has committed numerous gaffs himself. But not to the scale his riders do. JV by comparison to the average pro rider, albeit current or former, is a certifiable genius. The average pro is a moron intellectually. Lucky for them the average person is also not too bright. Even some of the more knowledgeable fans can be fooled.

So I can understand JV's twitter post. What that means is another thing altogether. Clearly JV doesn't have everyone on a leash, they're allowed to voice their opinions and we're all the merrier for it. It's a win win scenario!

We've all heard the JV talk before, how about we keep this stuff to Tommy D. It's good to hear someone is flapping away. I do wonder if he'd yap so much if someone was questioning his top 10 at the Tour? I'd say that would be a no. IMO he should pipe the hell down like Bro Deal suggested. I'd love to hear the timeline the peloton set for this reformation he carried on about. Oh snap, that's right, there is no proof it happened.

BTW Wiggo, you should have heard the theories about Tommy D back in the day. Why he was promising at Postal and then crap afterwards. Did you ever hear about his special Inuit genetics and how he was the only pro rider who would gain 5kg over the course of a GT? If not, then stay tuned for the next episode of "Secret stuff that Garmin does that you don't know about but that you should totally believe."
Old 12-13-12, 04:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by FignonLeGrand View Post
And yet again the media portray him and other banned riders as some sort of heroes. Shouldnt levi be banned for life, this is a second offence, no? Reading CN you would think Omega are the bad boys for sacking his lyin ***. Odd.
Scarponi has been banned for a second time. This time for collaborating with Ferrari. 3 month ban ends new years eve. Was backdated to the first of October. He'll race again and shock horror, dope again. They really need to crack down on this garbage. Dope twice should equal a life ban. Even Contador mentioned it and we all know what he does. There is precedent for it given numerous pro's who the Clinic assumes are doping have asked for it to occur.

However if Levi returns he'll be clean. He was clean this year or very close to it. Why do you think he was suddenly pack fodder? Or couldn't hold a candle form wise to what he brought at the races he targeted in 2011? Because he was pretty much clean this year and for a reason. All the guys USADA gave a ban to were clean IMO or there about's this year. Will Tommy D be clean upon his return? Was he clean during the period he proclaims? We know Levi clearly wasn't. He was doping IMO up to the Tour de Suisse in 2011.

What about Tommy D? Cleaner, but still with the same brain that is controlled by his tongue. His performances have always been funky. Like super weird funky. Almost impossible to fathom. Like he was clean and was not very good but suddenly that potential people saw kicked in during a specific race. The kind of potential that can be explained by doping. Plus we've all heard the story about him at his first Garmin training camp. That doesn't paint a nice picture. Wind him up and let him rip I say. I can always use a good laugh from a pro cyclist pretending to be a reformed doper. At least the other four former USPS guys are quiet. They must be the brighter ones in the bunch.

Last edited by Galic Ho; 12-13-12 at 04:56.