Which "Superteam" will be the most successful in 2013? - Page 3 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Which team will be the most successful in 2013?
SKY 38 37.62%
BMC 8 7.92%
RadioNissan Trek 3 2.97%
Saxo Tinkoff 18 17.82%
Omega Pharma Quick Step 25 24.75%
Other 9 8.91%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-12, 23:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
Saxo an Radioshack aren't superteams. BMC is also uncertain with aging leaders like Evans and Hushovd. And of course OPQS gets the most wins, with Sky a remote 2nd.. Martin, Cav and Boonen will probably win 30 races or more together, if they get their train sorted out.
Agreed, counting Evans as a factor in a super team is like counting Sastre a factor in 2008 or 2009. Evans will always be Sastre v2.0 to me, a one hit wonder, as far at a GT racer.
Old 12-12-12, 23:27
Administrator

I would say BMC, but their missing a a guy that can actually contend for the win in the GT's. Evans is aging, and Tejay isn't at GT winning level yet.

So I'll say OPQS with Sky taking 2nd (Don't think Wiggins will be able to replicate his 2011 season). Saxo not far behind in 3rd.

Also Movistar and Astana should be included in this poll. I could see both teams easily challenging for the top spot if there top riders have really good season.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-12-12, 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
"In British English, majority and plurality are often used as synonyms"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority
Dont believe wikipedia. In our politics for example the difference between a party that has a majority and one that has a plurality is made very clear. If people exist that think majority is a plurality it would be like people who say would of instead of would have, and they are wrong.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-12-12, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
I would say BMC, but their missing a a guy that can actually contend for the win in the GT's.

So I'll say OPQS .
Who do OPQS have for the win in gts?
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-12-12, 23:44
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Who do OPQS have for the win in gts?
No one, but maybe if Cav gets a lot of wins in the Giro and Tour it could help them stay up there in the team standings.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-12-12, 23:45

Saxo will win the tour. OPQS will get loads of wins. Depends what you value I guess.
Old 12-13-12, 01:26

Voted SKY.

Wiggins to win the first triple crown since Roche
Old 12-13-12, 01:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
Agreed, counting Evans as a factor in a super team is like counting Sastre a factor in 2008 or 2009. Evans will always be Sastre v2.0 to me, a one hit wonder, as far at a GT racer.
That's a bit harsh. His best is certainly behind him but with some better luck he could have 3 Tours, a Giro and a Vuelta. Doubt he'll do too much this year, should be good for a few WT stages though.
Old 12-13-12, 01:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
This retired one hit wonder actually finished 25 GT's, was in the top ten overall in fifteen of them. In those fifteen times he was in the top ten overall, he managed the podium 6 times, where as the last 3 was in a row.
Old 12-13-12, 02:26

I am sorry, but saxo tinkoff are not a super team. You can't say you are a super team based on one rider.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.