Which "Superteam" will be the most successful in 2013? - Page 4 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Which team will be the most successful in 2013?
SKY 38 37.62%
BMC 8 7.92%
RadioNissan Trek 3 2.97%
Saxo Tinkoff 18 17.82%
Omega Pharma Quick Step 25 24.75%
Other 9 8.91%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-12, 02:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Who do OPQS have for the win in gts?
They aren't going for overall, just stages. With their lineup, they'll get plenty.
Old 12-13-12, 02:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by biopass View Post
This retired one hit wonder actually finished 25 GT's, was in the top ten overall in fifteen of them. In those fifteen times he was in the top ten overall, he managed the podium 6 times, where as the last 3 was in a row.
That's right. I'll put that into perspective - Sastre finished as many GT's in the top 10 as Armstrong started. A third of those were as a domestique to guys like Basso and Hamilton.
Old 12-13-12, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
No one, but maybe if Cav gets a lot of wins in the Giro and Tour it could help them stay up there in the team standings.
Plenty of stage opportunities for Cav in TdF, but very few in the Giro.
Old 12-13-12, 08:50

I actuelly think Fabian will be back with a vengeance. Am a little bit more unsure about Andy. Shack will have much better season in 2013 though.

I expect Sky to be a bit less dominant than in 2012. They are still very strong but they wont get it as easy in 2013 as in 2012. Esp in the Tour where both the Shack and Saxo are strong and with stronger captains (imo). Still a very strong team, but they will be less succesful than in 2012

Saxo will be much better, and they will do verty well, mainly in the stage races. Berto will win alot Spanish 1week stage races, and Rogers, Roche and Kreuziger will also get thir share of results. Majka will do well in the Giro. Really strong stage race team overall,

I hope Gilbert will be back in form for the ardennes. Evans is over the hill but TJ might be stronger than in 2012 and be ready to take over. And who knows, maybe Thor will rebound and do great things on the cobbles. I expect nice things from this team

OPQS is uber strong and will get a lot of wins with Cav, Tom and Martin. They will lack in the stage races though.

So overall the most improved team is in my opinion Saxo, but overall I think OPQS might be the most successful team.

All of the above look very strong. Should be a fun season.

Last edited by Cimber; 12-13-12 at 08:52.
Old 12-13-12, 10:30

Kittel, Degenkolb, RJvR, Ahlstrand, Veelers - that's potentially 50 wins in 2013.

So easily Argos.
Old 12-13-12, 10:47

Pinot, Demare, Bouhanni, Elissonde, Vichot, Jeannesson, Fedrigo, Offredo... I think FDJ has it.
Old 12-13-12, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Dont believe wikipedia. In our politics for example the difference between a party that has a majority and one that has a plurality is made very clear. If people exist that think majority is a plurality it would be like people who say would of instead of would have, and they are wrong.
Obviously wiki isn't the be all end all truth. I just didn't wanna write up a "Francois the Postman"-length post (no offence FtP) about how words are used differently by different language users.

And it's not about not knowing the conceptual difference between a majority and a plurality. It's about that some people use the one word to mean the other (or both). Since Sky had the plurality and not the majority (in the strict sense of the word, in which way you apparently want the word to be used exclusively) it seems pretty clear (to me at least) that Parrulo meant to use the word 'majority' to mean 'plurality' and not majority in the 'strict' sense. Which in a way just shows that Wiki can be believed when it claims that some people use 'majority' as pseudonym for 'plurality'.

Considering the English 'majority' descends from Latin 'maior', which just means greater, it's not to hard to imagine that language-users with a Latin-influenced language as mother-tongue will have a word in 'their own' language very close to the English word 'majority' with a meaning that is closer to the original Latin meaning.
Old 12-13-12, 17:13

Would a could a should a
Old 12-13-12, 17:29

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

Argos Shimano

Old 12-14-12, 02:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42x16ss View Post
That's a bit harsh. His best is certainly behind him but with some better luck he could have 3 Tours, a Giro and a Vuelta. Doubt he'll do too much this year, should be good for a few WT stages though.
With luck many riders could be 5 time Tour winners, but that how it goes with luck, harsh or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biopass View Post
This retired one hit wonder actually finished 25 GT's, was in the top ten overall in fifteen of them. In those fifteen times he was in the top ten overall, he managed the podium 6 times, where as the last 3 was in a row.
That is just it, he needs people like you to remind us of any of his feats because they all fall by the way side otherwise. There is no rewards for finishing N number of GT's or being on podium (without winning) in N GT's either. One win and a lackluster win that is often forgotten when one thinks back on the Tour winners, there are no great stage battles or dramatic wins in that Tour, it was all very flat (emotion-wise). But I will give you that he won it.