Wiggins Discussion thread. - Page 195 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-13-12, 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
And yet I don't see anyone contesting that running isn't a team sport
running

Why would running be a team sport? You get about as much slipstream running as you do on the Kronplatz. And the ones where you could get slipstream are all lane seperated.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-13-12, 12:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
And yet I don't see anyone contesting that running isn't a team sport
Drafting is much less of a help in running for one, you would never see a team lead out a sprinter at the end of a 10k race.
Old 12-13-12, 13:02

“How that's going to work with the team I don't know, it's more Dave's problem, really.”

Ahah good one from Wiggins. Finnaly he says something to show who's the boss. Congrats Wiggo

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...de-France.aspx
Old 12-13-12, 13:12

Oh no! Wonder what made Wiggo change his mind? Possibly that no one cares about the Giro outside of Italy and these forums!
Old 12-13-12, 13:18

What a special fora then.
Old 12-13-12, 13:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
Oh no! Wonder what made Wiggo change his mind? Possibly that no one cares about the Giro outside of Italy and these forums!
There is something uniquely classy about the Maglia Rosa

and the Giro trophy

Italian style I guess. Hard to beat.
Old 12-13-12, 13:31
Administrator

the italians due seem to have the edge on cool trophies. the giro trophy absolutely fantastic (just imagine how huge it will be in 50 years as every year they add a bit more "gold with the name of the winner to the spiral) and the TA trident is a brilliant design considering TW is the race btw 2 seas.

Old 12-13-12, 13:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
I like it when people come out and make it clear they only want to troll. Saves us from taking them seriously later.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
Old 12-13-12, 13:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
the italians due seem to have the edge on cool trophies. the giro trophy absolutely fantastic (just imagine how huge it will be in 50 years as every year they add a bit more "gold with the name of the winner to the spiral) and the TA trident is a brilliant design considering TW is the race btw 2 seas.

Old 12-13-12, 13:55

I think Wiggins is making a mistake. Bonus seconds still would not have wiped out the TT gains. Maybe he is serious about helping Froome win the Tour like he said he would which I think Froome has earned.