Which "Superteam" will be the most successful in 2013? - Page 5 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Which team will be the most successful in 2013?
SKY 38 37.62%
BMC 8 7.92%
RadioNissan Trek 3 2.97%
Saxo Tinkoff 18 17.82%
Omega Pharma Quick Step 25 24.75%
Other 9 8.91%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-12, 03:01

Voted Saxo (in my fantasy world they'll be the most successful team)
But in the end it will be OPQS as the most successful team which won't be a problem
Interviewer: You've earned the nickname of "El Pistolero" for your simulated pistol firing at the end of a stage. And while the nickname makes sense, I'm left wondering what is the inspiration for pistol victory? Does it draw from your enthusiasm for hunting, or is there a deeper meaning?

Alberto: It was the sign I made for showing to a friend I was dedicating the victory to him, and I have continued to use it.
Old 12-14-12, 03:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
With luck many riders could be 5 time Tour winners, but that how it goes with luck, harsh or not.

That is just it, he needs people like you to remind us of any of his feats because they all fall by the way side otherwise. There is no rewards for finishing N number of GT's or being on podium (without winning) in N GT's either. One win and a lackluster win that is often forgotten when one thinks back on the Tour winners, there are no great stage battles or dramatic wins in that Tour, it was all very flat (emotion-wise). But I will give you that he won it.
So what was Sastre's solo attack on Alpe D'Huez that won him the Tour
Old 12-14-12, 08:50

With SaxoTinkoff's massive strengthening by getting more good riders, I believe that they are back on the strength that they were around before Leopard-Trek pulled the rug luring half the team away (Schleck's and Cancellara and a number of lesser riders such as Voigt and Fuglsang), if thats enough, i don't know (sky looks like they've dropped a good bit, by refocusing to a bigger degree on GT podiums, instead of stage wins) but they'll most likely be up there.