2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours - Page 11 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-14-12, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenedge View Post
Why not Tour of Oman for Gesink?

Also i would assume Mollema would lead at the Vuelta, unless if they do not consider him to be a GT contender.

They will be good next year: Vanmarcke and Boom for the cobbles, Mollema and Slagter for Ardennes and Bos and Renshaw for sprints and a sound plan for the GC riders.
They also have Nordhaug for the Ardennes. And yes, Mollema is a GT contender. He will be their main man for the TDF and probably for the Vuelta.
Old 12-14-12, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenedge View Post
Why not Tour of Oman for Gesink?

Also i would assume Mollema would lead at the Vuelta, unless if they do not consider him to be a GT contender.

They will be good next year: Vanmarcke and Boom for the cobbles, Mollema and Slagter for Ardennes and Bos and Renshaw for sprints and a sound plan for the GC riders.
Mollema will lead the team at the Tour. He'll be their #1 guy for the Tour, actually. I don't think he has it in him, though. Seems more of a Vuelta guy like Valverde, except not of the same level.
Old 12-14-12, 10:24

Tour of Romandie route is being announce or unveiled on Twitter right now it seems.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-14-12, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
Mollema will lead the team at the Tour. He'll be their #1 guy for the Tour, actually. I don't think he has it in him, though. Seems more of a Vuelta guy like Valverde, except not of the same level.
You don't think he has what in him? He's done two Tours, in one of which he got sick and in the other he crashed hard. I have no idea what his potential in the Tour is.
Old 12-14-12, 10:39

There will be a final time trial around Geneva and a supposedly quite decent Mountain stage to the Diablerets ski resort that will feature in the Tour of Romandie. I think there is also a 7.5km prologue.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-14-12, 12:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
You don't think he has what in him? He's done two Tours, in one of which he got sick and in the other he crashed hard. I have no idea what his potential in the Tour is.
His track record in other races isn't particularly impressive as far as "real" climbing (Angliru being the most relevant example as he had the form of his life) and flat time trialing are concerned. He doesn't stand out as a climber and can't compensate that with a killer flat time trial like several other guys can.
Old 12-14-12, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
His track record in other races isn't particularly impressive as far as "real" climbing (Angliru being the most relevant example as he had the form of his life) and flat time trialing are concerned. He doesn't stand out as a climber and can't compensate that with a killer flat time trial like several other guys can.
Angliru... yeah there's your typical Tour de France style climb.

In that Vuelta he managed to hang on to the Wiggo/Froome train, for most of the course. Look at how many riders managed to do that in the past TDF.
Old 12-14-12, 12:25

Gesink aiming for the Giro.............. The Mayans were right, strange things are happening
Old 12-14-12, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Angliru... yeah there's your typical Tour de France style climb.

In that Vuelta he managed to hang on to the Wiggo/Froome train, for most of the course. Look at how many riders managed to do that in the past TDF.
Talking about dutch riders really throws you off your game. Im not claiming Mollema cant perform at the Tour de France btw but you cant seriously think the Sky train at the Vuelta was anything like what they ended up doing at the Tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rick View Post
Gesink aiming for the Giro.............. The Mayans were right, strange things are happening

lol
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-14-12, 20:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
There will be a final time trial around Geneva and a supposedly quite decent Mountain stage to the Diablerets ski resort that will feature in the Tour of Romandie. I think there is also a 7.5km prologue.
Morgins and Croix (!) on the stage to Les Diablerets. Cool.

Now it will snow on this stage.

Also a partly uphill prologue.