Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-13-12, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
For me, in my completely biased opinion Alberto is the best rider ever
that is why we love you a lot Petite Fleur. Alberto is the man for these times. I admired Hinault , I loved to follow his exploits but he could not make me shout like Contador does. As somebody else said more eloquently, Legends are those who create passion for cycling and there we know Alberto can do that alright
Old 12-14-12, 00:52

'Defensive' riding often can crush all flesh as well. It is an enormous strength.

Indeed it can. However, as in American baseball it is like watching a no-hiiter (snoozefest) as opposed to an exciting game

Alberto is a Legend because he embodies the best of the sport in one package: Panache, Excitement, Unpredicability, Raw Talent, Tactical Savvy, a Mind of Steel, Poetic action on the bike, Humbleness and He rides every race to Win.

Plus there is his remarkable palmares But even when the palmares were slim and he was young he made fans of cycling Sit Up and Cheer because this one looked Special!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Travis you're my Hero!

Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-14-12, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Contador works 'to numbers' not less. He always keeps in secret his coaches' names, training plans and any numbers. ANY. And it is obviously no accident. Other thing is his physiology and talent let him ride in a spectacular fashion. Surely a 192 cm guy can not dance uphill. It is not his actual task.

Forum members just often write so to speak an agressive ride is strength and a defensive one is weakness and using this argument they try to disparage Sky and their merits in 2012. I strongly disagree. 'Defensive' riding often can crush all flesh as well. It is an enormous strength. Sadly, I speak very bad, but believe if I could I would have presented the opposite things in not less poetic way. That's all about expectionally emotional perception. The bolded is myth. I'd really like to see one's attack when the peloton pushed 1750 w/h.

It is like an eternal dispute. I don't get what jealosy (dislike towards Sky or something else) make you turn a blind eye on the fact that Sky (Froome) is on the same level or soo close that minimal weakness will become a defeat in the Tour.
I don't think it's a myth, had they been there Sky would have had to use different tactics to negate the threat of the real climbers, remember the Tour was ALL about Wiggins it was to his strengths not Froome's I'm pretty sure Sky would rather have capitulated to Andy or Berto than have Froome win, thats maybe unfair but it was ALL about Wiggins

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 12-14-12, 16:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
I don't think it's a myth, had they been there Sky would have had to use different tactics to negate the threat of the real climbers, remember the Tour was ALL about Wiggins it was to his strengths not Froome's I'm pretty sure Sky would rather have capitulated to Andy or Berto than have Froome win, thats maybe unfair but it was ALL about Wiggins
Agreed it was all about Wiggins - Bertie and Andy weren't there, the course suited Wiggins. They geared their plan A around him. If the others had been there they would have had to come up with a back up plan. However don't see that they would rather have had Bertie or Andy win over one of their own team just because they couldn't get Wiggins - Naaa don't make sense.
Old 12-14-12, 16:58

Alberto will be on El Hormiguero on monday

previous appearances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0jN-rZT1HQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-9_FMb792o
And parrulos favorite part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d1aVDGgW_I

and 2011 but unfortunately no vids
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 12-14-12, 18:11

Quote:
What the ****.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-14-12, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
What the ****.
Indeed, I hate those TV programs where it is so obvious that it was agreed beforehand Contador is gonna participate but try to make it appear like it was spontaneous.
Old 12-14-12, 21:06

Omg I just found out Alberto's friend is following me on twitter omg what do I do
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 12-14-12, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
Indeed, I hate those TV programs where it is so obvious that it was agreed beforehand Contador is gonna participate but try to make it appear like it was spontaneous.
Kinda like Gesink and the Giro. Only he was forced to ride the Giro and makes it sounds like it was his decision.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-14-12, 21:08

Quote:
Omg I just found out Alberto's friend is following me on twitter omg what do I do
This of course.