McClown about CCN - Page 8 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-14-12, 16:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyninefourteen View Post
If Hog goes Full Retard, and spills everything he may be talking for weeks if it comes through testimony, or if he files a sworn statement, it could be a thousand pages.

No one will be spared which means many unexpected disclosures and many 'new' villians identified.

If he goes Partial Retard, he may spare some, but will for sure get his targeted revenge on his 'A list'.

I still question the relationship with the UCI. If the allegations that they had the UCI in their pockets are true, why was so much effort put into hiding from, covering up, and avoiding testing / testers if there were to be no consequences to a positive?
Hog has to admit his own culpability first but he can do that without selling out Lance.

What do you think Brailsford got so spooked? He knows eventually the UCI are going to be found out. He had to break the team away from that connection.

In terms or the UCI and corruption. It's a mutual arrangement. The UCI don't want positives and they also want their guys winning. Bruyneel knew the game. He made sure the team was protected. He paid for that service. He had moles in the UCI and at the Spanish labs. To be successful as USPS was you needed that. You also needed protection from what others were doing. Look at Mayo. If Verbruggen didn't come down on the Mayo he would have won the 2004 Tour and probably 2 more. Did you see what he did at the Dauphine?

The UCI don't go out looking to be corrupt. The teams come to them. It's all part of marginal gains 2001 style.

I should also say the UCI don't want guys like Landis winning the Tour. They made should he didn't. In the process of doing so they've created the sinking quicksand they now find themselves in. Lance is telling Pat he'll keep it all under wraps. But he can't. It's coming out.

All of it.
Old 12-14-12, 17:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Hog has to admit his own culpability first but he can do that without selling out Lance.

What do you think Brailsford got so spooked? He knows eventually the UCI are going to be found out. He had to break the team away from that connection.

In terms or the UCI and corruption. It's a mutual arrangement. The UCI don't want positives and they also want their guys winning. Bruyneel knew the game. He made sure the team was protected. He paid for that service. He had moles in the UCI and at the Spanish labs. To be successful as USPS was you needed that. You also needed protection from what others were doing. Look at Mayo. If Verbruggen didn't come down on the Mayo he would have won the 2004 Tour and probably 2 more. Did you see what he did at the Dauphine?

The UCI don't go out looking to be corrupt. The teams come to them. It's all part of marginal gains 2001 style.

I should also say the UCI don't want guys like Landis winning the Tour. They made should he didn't. In the process of doing so they've created the sinking quicksand they now find themselves in. Lance is telling Pat he'll keep it all under wraps. But he can't. It's coming out.

All of it.
When? Why? What's happening? - Do you mean the hog is going to spill the beans in his USADA case? - Or is it to do with the evidence from Fed case being released from seal?
Old 12-14-12, 17:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
Thanks for asking me questions - and then answering them for me.
I am glad you took the time to rebut the silly answers I did not give

Glenn, you didn't tune in to tune out - you were never on the right frequency in the first place.
None of the above has to do with your earlier position and if you actually read what CCN say they are actually attempting to do what you want them to do, ie change from within after removal of the corruptive element.
how in the? do you know what I was on about in the first place?

You have your own opinion which is based on something I can't really describe here because of the rules.

Who cares what story you linked and gave about Skinz flints. I was on about the skinz promoting cyclist who happen to be corrupt. You happen to like them skinz and obviously biased by your own personal opinions. So all about what I was on about was described in the post above.

I read what they were on about and happen to think if you are going to invite some cancer stick smoking twitter fan to be a voice in the issues ,,,,,and then think that a fan like myself will climb aboard the "cranks for the willing" then you obviously think I'm some type of person who asks for autographs. WRONG.
Old 12-14-12, 17:52

I love the part where PM talks about being "democratically elected". I'm not sure how it is in other countries, but in the US, the federation was effectively purchased for Johnson by Weisel. How many of us voted for Johnson? Zero.
Old 12-14-12, 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Toto says it best: http://nyvelocity.com/content/toto/2012/toto-turns-267

McQuaid set up this quack commission as d-fence against Hog going full retard. He'll say nothing and say he's waiting for the commissions findings.

Hog will of course still go full retard. As I said to Joe Papp once. It's the isolation of suspension that kills the most. Too much time to think. You go crazy. Especially just watching everyone in cycling pretending everything is normal and clean. Can you imagine what Hog thinks when he hears McQuaid refer to the 'Armstrong era'?

Hog will implode first.

Lance is a different story.
I hear you thehog.

I think or have a little bird that indicates that "Hog" while in despair will pull the smear campaign. Weather or not this all happens in collusion with Lance is yet to be determined but bet money it is something yet to play out.
Old 12-14-12, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackCynic View Post
I love the part where PM talks about being "democratically elected". I'm not sure how it is in other countries, but in the US, the federation was effectively purchased for Johnson by Weisel. How many of us voted for Johnson? Zero.
UScycling has to go also. Clean it out. They are corrupt from top to the bottom.
Old 12-14-12, 17:58

Quote:
hmmm it's funny how in history lot's dictators, caudillo's, liars, cheats etc began to believe their own BS.
Certainly wouldn't have Pat as a caudillo as he is controlled by the puppet master but self deluded - yes.
Old 12-14-12, 19:50

Quote:
If Cycling USA is that sort of animal can Greg Lemond count on their support for nomination as President of the UCI if McQuaid is ousted?

Without national federation nomination a person has no valid candidature for UCI President.

Also, on the death, resignation or dismissal of the UCI President the UCI Constitution provides that the Vice-President shall fill the position until the next Congress meeting. (Article 63)

The Congress only convenes annually unless an extraordinary Congress is convened.

Couple of hurdles to be considered to get Greg into the Pat's chair.
Old 12-14-12, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velodude View Post
If Cycling USA is that sort of animal can Greg Lemond count on their support for nomination as President of the UCI if McQuaid is ousted?
No - its fixed, which is why Pat suggested he go down the "democratic" route.

Quote:
Without national federation nomination a person has no valid candidature for UCI President.
Pat love's it when a plan comes together

Quote:
Also, on the death, resignation or dismissal of the UCI President the UCI Constitution provides that the Vice-President shall fill the position until the next Congress meeting. (Article 63)

The Congress only convenes annually unless an extraordinary Congress is convened.

Couple of hurdles to be considered to get Greg into the Pat's chair.
This is probably the reason for the CCN approach there is no way through for someone like Lemonde in the UCI 'Democratic" process.
Old 12-14-12, 20:52

Change Cycling Now will be accomplished when Italians will not cheer on the Giro filled with doped up idiots, when the French will not cheer for the Tour, when the Belgians stop cheering for Flanders: etc etc.

In other words: people don't give a peeeeeeep...

Untill that time Phat Pat and those idiots will keep on their jobs.