CN interviews Chris Horner - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-14-12, 19:13

He can't be that stupid, he's managed not to get caught all these years.
Old 12-14-12, 19:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post
Merged the two threads.

Agree with everyone on here. The guy is unreal. He's from my home state, I've talked with people who've met him and raced with him, and he seems like a nice guy, but even I can't think of a single thing to say to support him. I don't like being taken for a fool, and yet that's exactly what he's doing.
Quote:
"Redneck" -as he's affectionately known,
Just out of interest is that normally a compliment from where you're from? I was always under the impression it wasn't and normally applied to people from the south in the middle of nowhere that were a bit backward. Which actually sums up his views quite well - retarded..
Old 12-14-12, 19:22

Sounds like he has his sights on Phil Liggett's job.
Old 12-14-12, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post
I really disagree. I think that Horner has a good appreciation of just how precarious his position in the pro peloton is--and that he knows just what he must do and say to keep that position.

Horner is only a bike rider. What else is he going to do? He is truly a representative of his profession. It's a filthy job, and Horner does it.
I didn't know it was possible to ride a bicycle if you don't have any vertebrae.
Old 12-14-12, 19:37
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post
Horner is only a bike rider. What else is he going to do?
Oh, how about tell the truth?

Regarding "Redneck"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom375 View Post
Just out of interest is that normally a compliment from where you're from?
I didn't make that post. But Chris lives on the outskirts of Bend (or used to). That used to be the "red" part of the state, but it's become kind of clique and a great outdoors town with skiing, hiking, riding, etc. between the ranch land. I imagine the term is used in a humorous, endearing way towards him, given to him by city kids.
Old 12-14-12, 19:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post
Oh, how about tell the truth?

Regarding "Redneck"

I didn't make that post. But Chris lives on the outskirts of Bend (or used to). That used to be the "red" part of the state, but it's become kind of clique and a great outdoors town with skiing, hiking, riding, etc. between the ranch land. I imagine the term is used in a humorous, endearing way towards him, given to him by city kids.
No it wasn't your quote it's from the CN interview - just wondered if you had any insight on it as you said you were from his home state. And you did so thanks. Still think my interpretation is closer though
Old 12-14-12, 19:54
Administrator

Certainly does when it comes to his views in this interview!
Old 12-14-12, 19:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Sounds like he has his sights on Phil Liggett's job.
Don't laugh to much about it. If Horner retires without getting busted, we very well may be watching Bob Roll and Horner together at the TDF for years to come.
Old 12-14-12, 19:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsa View Post
Don't laugh to much about it. If Horner retires without getting busted, we very well may be watching Bob Roll and Horner together at the TDF for years to come.
Funny ... but true! - He is gonna be the new Phil, this was just a try out!
Old 12-14-12, 20:08

Some people are just a lost cause....and this clown is one of them. Does he know how idiotic he sounds....or is he worried that lance will hang him if he doesnt make himself look like a tool......its mind boggling how some people come to the conclusions they do. Change cycling ,start with Horner.He gets the tool of the week award by a country mile.