Wiggins Discussion thread. - Page 205 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-14-12, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Do I need to repeat myself?

So far as a superdom in GTs, he's 0-1.
Did he not do work for Froome in 2011 vuelta when Froome became leader, not sure my memory is not great, but I thought he did
Old 12-14-12, 16:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
Did he not do work for Froome in 2011 vuelta when Froome became leader, not sure my memory is not great, but I thought he did
When froome became race leader he had to.continue to work for wiggins. It was only with 1 gc stage remaining that froome was allowed to be team leader and since that was the uphill sprint to pena cabarga i don't recall if wiggins actually had to do any work.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-14-12, 16:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
When froome became race leader he had to.continue to work for wiggins. It was only with 1 gc stage remaining that froome was allowed to be team leader and since that was the uphill sprint to pena cabarga i don't recall if wiggins actually had to do any work.
Wiggins definitely did a pull on the stage Anton won.
Old 12-14-12, 17:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_pacino View Post
Wiggins definitely did a pull on the stage Anton won.
Yeah but that wasnt really a gc stage was it?

23 riders finished together and thats despite Froomes attempts to make it count.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-14-12, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Yes, Froome will prepare for whichever GT they send him to and try to be in form for it. But if Wiggins is given leadership over him then he won't be supported as much. As an example: this year Froome flatted on a stage (I forget which stage) and he lost something like 2:00 minutes. If Sky had sent some people back for him, he probably wouldn't have lost nearly as much time. But they didn't because they had to stay with the leader of the team, Wiggins. Froome wants to win the Tour and do so with the full support of the team.
This is Froome we're talking about, not Wiggins. He can, unlike Wiggins TT-look-a-like-style of a climbing, jump around with Baby Schleck and Contador if he wants to. So he wont need the same support as Wiggins in order to get a good finish in the HC Climbs.
Old 12-14-12, 20:01
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biopass View Post
This is Froome we're talking about, not Wiggins. He can, unlike Wiggins TT-look-a-like-style of a climbing, jump around with Baby Schleck and Contador if he wants to. So he wont need the same support as Wiggins in order to get a good finish in the HC Climbs.
True, but if he does get into trouble, he will want the most of the team to get back to him and help him to make sure he doesn't lose any time. And if Wiggins is leader he may not get all the help he needs to ensure that.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-14-12, 22:00

Quote:
Really.. he did not look like he could hang that well at the Vuelta.. oh he was tired.
Old 12-15-12, 01:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
True, but if he does get into trouble, he will want the most of the team to get back to him and help him to make sure he doesn't lose any time. And if Wiggins is leader he may not get all the help he needs to ensure that.
Team help or not. The way i see it, any contender for the GC who gets into trouble can forget about the overall victory the moment they crack. That goes for everyone who dreams about winning the race.
Old 12-15-12, 02:35
Administrator

And Wiggo is going to be the first one to crack. I predict Wiggo riding in with the sprinters on Ax-3, after one attack from Contador. Froome's going to last a lot longer than Wiggo will. I was talking more about trouble in terms of mechanical's by the way.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-15-12, 02:55

Quote:
Team help or not. The way i see it, any contender for the GC who gets into trouble can forget about the overall victory the moment they crack. That goes for everyone who dreams about winning the race.
There's other ways to get in trouble other than cracking. Being caught off your guard in a tactical manoeuvre, having a mechanical, crashing, etc.