CN interviews Chris Horner - Page 8 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-14-12, 23:17

What the heck did the writer mean by this (bolded part at the end)

Quote:
But what if Armstrong announced tomorrow morning that he'd doped, that it was all true and he was banged to rights?
?
Old 12-14-12, 23:22
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
To be fair on him what he says in not much better than Wiggins. You know...
I call BS as well.

And two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 12-14-12, 23:30

Horner will continue to race well into his 50's beating those pesky youngsters in the mountains.

Soon this interview will be forgotten and he will be a winning hero again. Instead of JB guiding him, it will be Kim Andersen. Cycling, recycled.
Old 12-15-12, 00:30

Wow, Horner's interview was comedy gold. Gold! I could not believe my eyes reading it. But as funny as it was, it was also an indictment on the cycling system and what happens to many cyclists in it. Horner is just so far gone and lost. He is just completely not credible - incredible!
Old 12-15-12, 00:33

Horner, and guys like AC, Valv-Piti and the other spanish cheaters make me vomit. Not b/c they cheat, but b/c they think the fans are complete idiots (ok, maybe in some parts of spain that´s true).
So i think it´s ok to call Horner of what he is: An Idiot. An Idiot to think the masses still take this BS.

OTOH, there is hope like when Kittel or Greipel spoke out. I think those young men know what time it is: Cycling is on the way of dying b/c of as.h..es like the above mentioned. I have no respect for Horner. I said it before, my hope is this guilty guy is the next man flushed down the toilet (meaning caught).
Old 12-15-12, 01:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by pot belge View Post
Horner must really think the fans are stupid, any one remember this ridiculous spectacle, fully sponsered by AMGEN.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/galler...-baldy-30343/2
Didn't they all quit doping after 2006?
Old 12-15-12, 02:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
I call BS. Say what you want about Wiggo, he's much more PR-savvy than Horner. This interview is just ridiculous even to the untrained, uncynical eye.
Really? Lance loving, wonker and c&nt invoking Wigans wasn't ridiculous?

At least Horner was polite, if you discount insulting people's intelligence that is...
Old 12-15-12, 02:16
Banned

Chris Horner is a ****ing idiot. This is news?
Old 12-15-12, 02:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
Really? Lance loving, wonker and c&nt invoking Wigans wasn't ridiculous?

At least Horner was polite, if you discount insulting people's intelligence that is...
That's not what I said. At all.
Old 12-15-12, 03:07

I am really surprised at, with the exception of maybe two people, all of the negativity toward Chris.

First, why are so many people calling him stupid? I couldn't detect anything from his statements indicating what his level intelligence was, one way or another. However, his statements were clearly in line with someone who wants to not make waves in the peloton where he continues to make his living.

While I along with many of you am enjoying the ex-seven time tour winner's schadenfreude, I also agree somewhat with Chris' implication of the unfairness of everybody getting off lightly in order to target Mr. ex-7 and the damage that it is doing to cycling. It is an easy inference to draw that he-who-must-not-be-named was the best at doping because he won seven tours, but another explanation is that he was the best rider among the many dopers who rode the tour.

As the article stated several times, Chris has never been named in any doping scandals. His choice of teams over the years, while suggestive, is less compelling than the fact he has not been named in any of the doping investigations. Also, there is something that Jonathan Vaughters said years ago in his column in CycleSport magazine that may be an implication of Chris' unwillingness to dope at least at the time he wrote the article. The column was about what it takes to be a top European pro. He talked about several riders that I cannot remember, but one stood out. Chris Horner. He said that Chris had the most talent of any US rider, but just didn't have that something extra to be successful in Europe. I thought, perhaps naively, JV meant the intestinal fortitude to endure the challenges that come with life in the top ranks. Looking back on it now, it looks more like he may have been hinting that Chris was not willing to take the extra chemical steps to be successful.