Some excellent games this week. If you were ever to get NFL Rewind or Red Zone (no, not free, sorry, but not expensive) this is the week.
@ ATL - Giants play up for big games, Falcons overrated. But they could be extra motivated here, having been repeatedly beaten by the Giants. I still pick NY.
@ BAL - Denver keeps winning, Baltimore in trouble. Lewis may suit up, but not likely play. Suggs to suit up, and probably play (though still hurt). Broncos defense enough to slow Ravens, and passing offense enough to light up Ravens depleted secondary.
@ CHI - Packers win, even if Matthews and Woodson don't play. They are gelling, and the Bears too hurt and on a slide.
@ CLE - If RG3 plays and can play 100%. Otherwise, Browns. This is a very risky game. Browns not the same team in the first half of the season. They could actually be good next year.
IND @ HOU
- After being blown out by GB, Houston bounced back and whipped Baltimore. After being blown out by NE... Plus, Indy not good on the road, and has squeaked by some wins.
JAC @ MIA
- Home team, Jax in trouble.
TB @ NO
- Both teams with problems, but Saints at home, barely. Their defense against the pass is awful, but Freeman a mistake prone QB. So who knows?
MIN @ STL
- Went with home team, but this could go either way. StL may have enough D to slow Peterson, and Ponder can't win the game.
@ ARI - Lions have lost too many close games, not here. Their mistake prone defense won't be an issue against Cards anemic offense.
@ BUF - Seattle iffy on road, but Buffalo the weaker team, no doubt. I don't see Buffalo putting up many points against this defense. This is going to be a test for Wilson though, especially if the game is close late. The weather calls for it to be wet and windy. Lynch may rush for 150 yards.
CAR @ SD
- Went with home team, but Chargers capable of losing any game. They have more good players, but that means nothing.
PIT @ DAL
- Dallas too unpredictable, but at home. Steelers still too banged up, inconsistent. It's an issue of which team shows up? Steelers better coached, but Cowboys more healthy, more tools.
KC @ OAK
- Both teams have so many problems. Went with the Raiders at home, as I don't see the Chiefs scoring much.
SF @ NE
- Game of the week? Brady MVP, Kaep back to earth. If this is a double digit win, look for a lot of talk about Alex Smith unless Kaep plays very well. Out of all the ESPN NFL experts, only Wickersham picks SF. But he's also the guy with the best overall record. SF front four MUST put pressure on Brady, or 49ers give up 30+ points.
@ TEN - Jets have eeked out some wins of late, but Titans have an equal amount of problems.