Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-15-12, 13:02
Siriuscat's Avatar
Siriuscat Siriuscat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North East Scotland
Posts: 689
Default

Eee by-eck that'll be fun!!
__________________
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-15-12, 13:36
Arnout Arnout is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
1914 --> 2014

Cycling is a sport where history is important.
Yeah, I get that. I just don't see why cycling should get involved in remembrances like this. Cycling and war history are unrelated.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-15-12, 13:40
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
Yeah, I get that. I just don't see why cycling should get involved in remembrances like this. Cycling and war history are unrelated.
Many great cyclists died during the first World War. Paris-Roubaix got its nickname "hell of the north" because of the first World War.

It's hardly unrelated. Of course you have your opinion and I have mine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-15-12, 13:50
sublimit's Avatar
sublimit sublimit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: southsea UK
Posts: 2,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianrider View Post
Seriously, why the heck is the Tour starting in one of Europe's most waterdown trashyards?
The TDF is a pro bike race not a TV holiday review show. The racing can be potentially good depending on the route and thats the main thing.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-15-12, 16:48
The_Z_man's Avatar
The_Z_man The_Z_man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Manayunk Wall
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
1914 --> 2014

Cycling is a sport where history is important.
2014 is also the 50th anniversary of Poulidor vs. Anquetil on the Puy de Dome. I think that would be history that would be better celebrated during the Tour.
__________________
June 5, 1988 – The Day the Strong Men Cried
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-15-12, 20:01
Frosty Frosty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianrider View Post
Seriously, why the heck is the Tour starting in one of Europe's most waterdown trashyards?
Started in Liege this year and i'm not going back to that place after a brief visit on holiday once.

Last edited by Frosty; 12-15-12 at 20:17.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-15-12, 20:10
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Started in Liege this year and i'm not going back to that place after my visit in 2010.
What's wrong with Liège? It's a beautiful city. Every city has it ugly spots of course, but are you never going to New York again because of the Bronx?

And it happens to be a city related to cycling.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-15-12 at 20:13.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-15-12, 20:13
Tom375's Avatar
Tom375 Tom375 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post

And it happens to be a city related to cycling.
So's Nottingham - don't see it going there soon unless on the monster Leeds London stage down the M1.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-15-12, 20:17
Arnout Arnout is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
What's wrong with Liège? It's a beautiful city. Every city has it ugly spots of course, but are you never going to New York again because of the Bronx?

And it happens to be a city related to cycling.
Liege? You serious? That's the crappiest city in continental Europe bar Charleroi (and yes I've been in both).
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-15-12, 20:22
will10's Avatar
will10 will10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom375 View Post
So's Nottingham - don't see it going there soon unless on the monster Leeds London stage down the M1.
Cycling in Nottingham is actually an oxymoron.
__________________
Quote:
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.