CN interviews Chris Horner - Page 12 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-15-12, 15:17

Horner's almost as delusional as Wonderboy. I just can't understand how clueless Horner really is, jebus he's just lost a ton of fans/support with his blatant stupidity.
Old 12-15-12, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valley View Post
...which he said way back in, what, early 2010? More than two years before the USADA report came out? Yeah, maybe he should have been paying more attention, but here's what Wiggins said this year:
Try 2011. And January 2012. Even with the writing on the wall he was saying the same as Horner.
Old 12-15-12, 16:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
or this:

Point being Horner is not far from the Tour de France Champion.

They're both telling the same story.

I'm not saying Horner is right but 99% of the peloton are talking the same smack.

I know what you are saying, Hog, they all used to verbally worship LA, but since the USADA report, the demographic has changed somewhat.

How many riders have been quoted on LA post ban? Maybe 20-30?
We've had only 2 or 3 give him the tongue lashing he deserves.
Maybe 10%.
A bunch of riders have given him a wishy washy thumbs down, of sorts.
The Spanish have generally stuck to their old stance.
I rate Horner's as extreme; almost unique.
He comes across as aggressively Pro Armstrong.
Old 12-15-12, 16:26

Jimmy Engoulvent > anyone else you can name

Forever tÍte de la course.
Old 12-15-12, 16:53

At least Horner is consistent. He's an absolute donkey for not seeing the obvious but at least he didn't spit on Landis and co. like Wiggins and Miller did.

Those two set the anti-doping process back 10 years. In fact if the UCI got their way and obtained jurisdiction Wiggins would still be telling about how great Lance is and how Sky are like Postal.

Wiggins did little to assist in the anti-doping process. Everyone else did the heavy lifting. He jumped on the bandwagon once he knew there was no going back and with some watered down statements.

Horner who is obviously protecting his pay cheque and is talking smack. He's no patron nor is he pretending to be.

I just find it ironic that some use Horner as a Lance punching bag when the British contigent of riders were far worse in their statements.

Last edited by thehog; 12-15-12 at 17:01.
Old 12-15-12, 17:11

Was that interview some sort of subversive journalism trying to out a true fool or was it trying to take the guy serious? Any which way ít was basically a waste of time albeit it has caused a stir at the clinic. Still Horner should be kicked out first thing for being a brainfart

Last edited by ElBeeJay; 12-15-12 at 19:17.
Old 12-15-12, 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickshaw View Post
His best and smartest choice is to continue to play the "just love'n it and wanting to ride my bike", the "Jethro Bodine" of cycling. "Golly folks, I don't know nuthin' 'bout all that stuff. I never seen a goll darn thing. Lance there, he always done right by me. Jest lemme ride my bike, OK?"
The Jethro Bodine of cycling! That's funny.
Old 12-15-12, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBeeJay View Post
Was that interview some sort of subversive journalism trying to out a true fool or was it trying to take the guy serious. Any which way ot was basically a waste of time albeit it has caused a stir at the clinic. Still Horner should be kicked out first for being a brainfart
You are correct on the subversive journalism. Shooting a fish in a barrel.
Old 12-15-12, 18:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by howsteepisit View Post
It seems pretty clear to me that Horner has his line in the sand, that in the absence of a positive test there is no doping. I understand that simplicity, even though I do not agree with it. If I recall, Conconni and Ferrari had something of the same opinion.

However, Horner's opinion does not make him stupid. I am surely in awe of the powerful intelligence of the forum posters, all of whom are at the genius level (or above) of intelligence and who can sit in such powerful and reasoned judgment of all opinions. What a bunch of tools
The line is actually a circle where Horner's craniotomy was performed.

What is most shocking is when silly posters deflect or deny how destructive CH's sinister remarks are. And, why does the USADA allow Chris to get away with his remarks. Call him into the 'office' and talk about the reasoned decision. If he gives USADA the same BS then say, "that's cool Chris, hey since you're so clean, hardworking and a 41yr old bright light for future clean cycling could you enroll in our new ultrafrequent, unscheduled, blood analysis protocol? Make him apart of the future by testing him once a week. He'll not only STFU but retire in 6 months.

More importantly, the lack of response from fellow Pros is perplexing. Of all times, NOW is the time for Pros to openly pound on undeniable dopers like Chris, who continue to project that all is good and the last 15yrs of doping was ok...oh as long as you're not caught.

Where are the Pros standing up to the likes of Horner? Call CH out! Ask him the hard questions in public, in the news and get him to justify his performance and those of 'nullified' Lance. There is so much momentum to exploit the deviant cyclists, now is the time. That is the most shocking part for me.

Last edited by Neworld; 12-15-12 at 22:06.
Old 12-15-12, 18:19

*puke*

Horner is the most obvious doper of the last three years. It says so much about the sport that he's still racing, and so much about the blood passport that he was a zero on the suspicion index.