Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-14-12, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Should've started in Ieper.
Or Verdun, a TdF start in France is becoming very rare nowadays. Even Corsica could be considered a foreign Grand depart.
They just have to put in a Roubaix stage, the 2010 Tour wouldn't have been the same without them.
Old 12-15-12, 17:09

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

In other news, big interview with Gesink in the Volkskrant, with some newsworthy quotes..

It appears he didn't want to ride the Tour 2012 at first, he wanted to try Giro/Vuelta, but the Rabobank more or less pressured/convinced him into going to the Tour.
He also said he thinks the decision from Rabobank to stop is completely wrong and the reason is stupid. He says they are being punished for something that happened years ago and also says the culture has changed a lot in recent years. He also said he never had any 'medical' support and they can control him all they want (then again, Armstrong said so as well lol).

He also says what Armstrong did was not top sport but top logistics and had more to do with maffia practices than with cycling. He says in the winter months he often thought "against what kind of guys have I ridden all these years and did it hurt my palmares, thinking of Rebellin (who beat him in PN) Mosquera, Valverde ... "
He also says he suspects some other riders whos performances he doesn't believe, but says he won't call them out with no proof ("they could also say, what a strange rider that Gesink, winning California after a broken leg, could also be suspected).
Old 12-15-12, 17:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker_Tifosi View Post
In other news, big interview with Gesink in the Volkskrant, with some newsworthy quotes..

It appears he didn't want to ride the Tour 2012 at first, he wanted to try Giro/Vuelta, but the Rabobank more or less pressured/convinced him into going to the Tour.
He also said he thinks the decision from Rabobank to stop is completely wrong and the reason is stupid. He says they are being punished for something that happened years ago and also says the culture has changed a lot in recent years. He also said he never had any 'medical' support and they can control him all they want (then again, Armstrong said so as well lol).

He also says what Armstrong did was not top sport but top logistics and had more to do with maffia practices than with cycling. He says in the winter months he often thought "against what kind of guys have I ridden all these years and did it hurt my palmares, thinking of Rebellin (who beat him in PN) Mosquera, Valverde ... "
He also says he suspects some other riders whos performances he doesn't believe, but says he won't call them out with no proof ("they could also say, what a strange rider that Gesink, winning California after a broken leg, could also be suspected).
Lol, what a Calimero.

Though it's better than Valverde and Nibali interviews about Armstrong.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-15-12 at 17:29.
Old 12-15-12, 17:26

weak from gesink by putting the blame on someone else and not on himself. don't like it

but i still like the guy and wish him a good giro.

Vino 4ever

"Primo Fausto Coppi. In attesa degli altri corridori, trasmettiamo musica da ballo".

"Ecco che scatta Pantani! Scatto di Pantani!!!

"-Che grinta che ha Danilo!
-E' un grande veramente..."
Old 12-15-12, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
weak from gesink by putting the blame on someone else and not on himself. don't like it

but i still like the guy and wish him a good giro.
weak?
I don't know, if I was a clean rider I'd have the same thoughts.
However, if I was a cyclist I wouldn't be clean my morals aren't that high. I'd do anything to win
Old 12-15-12, 18:01

Quote:
weak?
However, if I was a cyclist I wouldn't be clean my morals aren't that high. I'd do anything to win
Props for an honest answer
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 12-15-12, 23:28

Quote:
weak?
An admission of your mtb practices ?
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-16-12, 07:37

Quote:

This is nonsense, he was talking about 2013.

It was a good interview, but it's a bit strange why among those dopers that cost him results he doesn't name a certain T. Dekker, for instance.
Old 12-16-12, 17:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
This is nonsense, he was talking about 2013.

It was a good interview, but it's a bit strange why among those dopers that cost him results he doesn't name a certain T. Dekker, for instance.
because t.dekker was a direct teammate so it didn't really cost gesink any wins did it?
Old 12-16-12, 17:47

Quote:
because t.dekker was a direct teammate so it didn't really cost gesink any wins did it?
He worked for TD a few times... and of course TD was part of Rabobank's eventual demise.