Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-16-12, 18:27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post
The devoted fans follow the sport because it doesn't really matter one bit to them that it is a cesspool. They'd follow the sport even if riders took IV drug breaks in addition to nature breaks.
What a load of bull.
Not surprising that you came up with it though.
Old 12-16-12, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
What a load of bull.
Not surprising that you came up with it though.
It's totally true. What the heck do you think microdosing is?

IV drug use is rampant in the peloton, and the devoted fans still support their microdosers.

You've got to admit there's a bit of a double-standard being applied here. The Lance Armstrong saga pulled back the curtain and demonstrated to the world just how awful pro cycling is--in spades, doubled and redoubled. Yet the devoted fans remain.

For me, it's just a soap opera. If I took this silly sport seriously it would break my heart.

Last edited by MarkvW; 12-16-12 at 18:33.
Old 12-16-12, 18:35
Banned

Quote:
It's totally true. What the heck do you think microdosing is?

IV drug use is rampant in the peloton, and the devoted fans still support their microdosers.
You are confusing fans of certain riders (who will always make excuses - as you know) as opposed to what you said about fans of the sport.
Two very different groups.

And again, how do you put them on the same level as Jenkins - a paid journalist who does not have the ability to admit that she wrote and profited from selling a lie.
Old 12-16-12, 18:42

Quote:
You are confusing fans of certain riders (who will always make excuses - as you know) as opposed to what you said about fans of the sport.
Two very different groups.

And again, how do you put them on the same level as Jenkins - a paid journalist who does not have the ability to admit that she wrote and profited from selling a lie.
I'm not going to defend Sally Jenkins. She's a prostitute. But watching her work, and watching her get people lathered up is plenty fun!

You want to eat the sausage, but you don't want to know how the sausage is made! But dudes! The sausage is made by people like Sally Jenkins!
Old 12-16-12, 18:56
Banned

Quote:
I'm not going to defend Sally Jenkins. She's a prostitute. But watching her work, and watching her get people lathered up is plenty fun!

You want to eat the sausage, but you don't want to know how the sausage is made! But dudes! The sausage is made by people like Sally Jenkins!

What?
I know it is often thrown around here as a cheapshot - but you obviously have had nothing to do with the sport. Thats not a putdown as everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of ability or experience - but it is the only conclusion to to come up with such stupidity.

Cycling as a sport doesn't need people like Armstrong or the clueless like Jenkins, she doesn't even know the sport.
Old 12-16-12, 19:05

Quote:
[/B]
What?
I know it is often thrown around here as a cheapshot - but you obviously have had nothing to do with the sport. Thats not a putdown as everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of ability or experience - but it is the only conclusion to to come up with such stupidity.

Cycling as a sport doesn't need people like Armstrong or the clueless like Jenkins, she doesn't even know the sport.
Cycling, to you, is an aspiration . . . a dream. When the reality of cycling doesn't match your dream you vent against the dopers and their apologists. But why are you also venting against the plain truth that the sport is a filthy cesspool?
Old 12-16-12, 19:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewbaccaD View Post
Really? New to the intertubes, huh?
Good gracious, you love to keep the trolls well fed.
Old 12-16-12, 19:11
Banned

Quote:
The last resort of Maserati--namecalling.
I did not call you any name - I said your argument was stupid, and calling it that is the final resort as I have given you the opportunity (indeed, requested you) to explain what you mean.

BTW - the lack of denial in your post is noted.
Old 12-16-12, 19:13

Quote:
I did not call you any name - I said your argument was stupid, and calling it that is the final resort as I have given you the opportunity (indeed, requested you) to explain what you mean.

BTW - the lack of denial in your post is noted.
What do you want me to deny?
Old 12-16-12, 19:27
Banned

Quote:
What do you want me to deny?
I said it was obvious that you have had nothing to do with the sport.....
Quote:
Cycling, to you, is an aspiration . . . a dream. When the reality of cycling doesn't match your dream you vent against the dopers and their apologists. But why are you also venting against the plain truth that the sport is a filthy cesspool?
Nice try - I am not venting against that, but your portrayal that 'devoted fans' (you still haven't said who they are) of the sport would follow regardless that it is a cesspool. If you were involved with the sport (at any level) you would know that is untrue.