The your favorite car thread - Page 2 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 12-16-12, 13:19

Any of the following will suffice :

Old 12-16-12, 13:42

What is the last one?
Old 12-16-12, 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
What is the last one?
rimac concept_one
Old 12-16-12, 14:13

Old 12-17-12, 00:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
my father had one of these. as kids we loved to play with the button that made the suspension go up and down.

i also remember when i was about five or six years old my parents would take me to piano lessons in the car and the teacher who was french would admire the car and tell me what a great car the "si T(choking sound)OH en" was. then i would call it a "citron" (lemon) which would upset him no end.
Old 12-17-12, 12:15

The old ones Porsche are fantastic,gotta love it

And that Rimac cocept looks great...0-100 in 2.8 is massive
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 12-17-12, 16:23
Administrator

i love 911 and if i had the money i would have one but i would rather have a proper merc then a 911.

my dream cars are the Mercedez benz s65 AMG and the SLS.

my current daily drive (the actual owner of the car is my father obviously but he doesn't drive it anymore) is a mercedez benz 190D 2.5 from 1993, it only has 200.000 kilometres so the most likely is me dieing before the car has the first mechanical problems as this model is legendary for amount of kilometers they make without any mechanical malfunction, a portuguese car drive made a full 2 million km's on 1 without having a problem so mercedes gave him a new car and sent that one to their museum.

my tip, if you need a car that needs to last in both time and kilometers and have like 2k € available this should be a very serious option. proper good ride and the consumption isn't even that bad at 6.5 to 7.5 l/100km.

it's also pretty, here is a photo of mine:

in case i want to take a job at the pimpin' business or become a dictator the machine that belonged to my grandfather and that my father restored is the perfect choice:

a full 1 year younger then my father
Old 12-17-12, 16:26
Administrator

also that maserati GT is indeed something to behold, i also like the quattroporte.
Old 12-17-12, 22:40

Old 12-18-12, 03:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
i love 911 and if i had the money i would have one but i would rather have a proper merc then a 911.

my dream cars are the Mercedez benz s65 AMG and the SLS.

my current daily drive (the actual owner of the car is my father obviously but he doesn't drive it anymore) is a mercedez benz 190D 2.5 from 1993, it only has 200.000 kilometres so the most likely is me dieing before the car has the first mechanical problems as this model is legendary for amount of kilometers they make without any mechanical malfunction, a portuguese car drive made a full 2 million km's on 1 without having a problem so mercedes gave him a new car and sent that one to their museum.

my tip, if you need a car that needs to last in both time and kilometers and have like 2k available this should be a very serious option. proper good ride and the consumption isn't even that bad at 6.5 to 7.5 l/100km.

it's also pretty, here is a photo of mine:
mercedez benz 190D 2.5

in case i want to take a job at the pimpin' business or become a dictator the machine that belonged to my grandfather and that my father restored is the perfect choice:

mercedes benz 220 (w120)

a full 1 year younger then my father
Great cars Parrulo. Thanks for posting the pictures. One comment about the diesel: the w124s and w201s both have that square passenger's side mirror. This asymmetry has always bothered me.

I prefer Mercedes Benzes over any other car, too. My other car is a c-class (w202). This is my bicycle and grocery hauler. I love the car, but I also like the c63 and I am thinking of trading my old c-class for the c63 estate. I probably won't, but...