CN interviews Chris Horner - Page 15 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-17-12, 00:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwbyrd View Post
Wow, you guys are quick to make your own conclusions. It's easy to sit here, read the article and arm chair quarterback your own conclusions. I think you are missing some important points he makes:
You and Steep are at ground zero. Of course some of his comments are true (never testing +), but they are so fetid of lies, deception and guilt that when you 2 philosophically evaluate it the whole CH topic is...well stupid. CH should be erased from cycling plain and simple.
Old 12-17-12, 02:14

On one hand, it would seem that the village of Bend, Oregon is without its idiot during the cycling season, but on the other hand it is more likely that Jethro realizes that he is over 40, has only a couple of years left to make a damn good living, and may well need the support of Lance et al to secure him another job in this sport. It is one of those two options; why else would he even give that interview?
Old 12-17-12, 02:37

I would like to know what guys like Ted Huang, Dario Falquier, John Kelly, James Mattis, Marc Hangenlocher, Ben Haldeman have to say in regards to explaining their one year of new found fitness.
Old 12-17-12, 03:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedaling squares View Post
On one hand, it would seem that the village of Bend, Oregon is without its idiot during the cycling season, but on the other hand it is more likely that Jethro realizes that he is over 40, has only a couple of years left to make a damn good living, and may well need the support of Lance et al to secure him another job in this sport. It is one of those two options; why else would he even give that interview?
Horner is far from an idiot.
Seems to me he refused to go down the road the reporter was trying to lead him. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I prefer Horner's candour to those who pretend that doping ended in 2006.
Old 12-17-12, 04:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by the delgados View Post
Horner is far from an idiot.
Seems to me he refused to go down the road the reporter was trying to lead him. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I prefer Horner's candour to those who pretend that doping ended in 2006.
Refusing to go down the road means declining to answer or deflecting the question, not resorting to nonsense like "Lance won... he passed all the tests." Especially since neither point is true. The man either:
a) expects a post-retirement gig,
b) is a simpleton, or
c) thinks that we are all simpletons, in which case see b).
Old 12-17-12, 04:45

CH was not called to testify for the Grand Jury, not USADA, correct? Why not? Horner has never been fingered by any of the implicated riders,and lord knows they talk a lot. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain why Horner has escaped being fingered. Is he really a better doper thanLA Himself? Also how come USADA Let this filthy rider into the Olympics? TIA

Last edited by mthead14; 12-17-12 at 05:02.
Old 12-17-12, 06:31

In fact, the rules are that doping is banned in cycling. The use of banned products or techniques are subject to sanctions.

Doping tests are only one way of determining if there is transgression of the rules.
Old 12-17-12, 08:35

I'd bet Horner is reflecting the consensus attitude of the peloton.
Old 12-17-12, 09:16

to me, horner's apologia indicates that he doped and that armstrong and others know it.

never getting caught is the thin glass house he knows will easily collapse if anyone in the know will choose to throw a pebble...

that he said so much and yet so little meaningful is the testimony to his diarrhea-like need for blabbing.
Old 12-17-12, 11:27

Horner, on a $800k package, will invest $100k in a high end doping program and keep going for the next 4-5 years beating clean riders. One of the better investments out there.