Sky - Page 1010 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-17-12, 12:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Why is that? Kerrison crunched the numbers and dropped Brad's TT cadence 7rpm whilst increasing his TT power and speed enough to thump Martin. All by getting Brad to do 40 minute threshold climbing efforts at 50rpm. Even acoggan had nothing negative to say about this training regime, happily posting a screenshot of Brad's biography detailing it.

What's not to love?
Bang on the money
Old 12-17-12, 13:05

Quote:
Glad cycling is cleaned up and the cream can rise to the top, soundly beating all the dirty teams (revealed via the poll elsewhere) in the process.
This.

JV, Millar et al. really want us to believe that either the whole peloton is clean or that the clean teams/riders somehow (i.e. through better marginal gains management) manage to come out on top beating the dopers.
Old 12-17-12, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
More DBaggery:
So Bradley, why wouldnt you allow Kimmage with you if you wnat to be so transparent?
Old 12-17-12, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
This.

JV, Millar et al. really want us to believe that either the whole peloton is clean or that the clean teams/riders somehow (i.e. through better marginal gains management) manage to come out on top beating the dopers.
Yes. If a skinsuit can save you 75% of an EPO regime, imagine what warming down and washing your hands could do.
Old 12-17-12, 16:07

Quote:
I truly believe Ryder could have won the Giro and top-5d the Tour this year (2012), and Wiggins is taking the hint from him.

I don't trust either performance, but it's telling that these guys who were nowhere previously are now double-GT in a row aspirants. So weird that Brad blames riding the Giro in 2010 as the reason for his poor TdF performance that year. Man I can never keep up with the reasons.

Glad cycling is cleaned up and the cream can rise to the top, soundly beating all the dirty teams (revealed via the poll elsewhere) in the process.
I think you'll find that he is blaming being on the lash and not bothering with training as the reason for his poor tdf in 2010.
Old 12-17-12, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
Think you are forgetting in Dear Wiggo's world once you hit your early twenties your performance is set in stone for all eternity, and dips or improvements in form can only ever be down to PED use.
The poster known as 'Dear Wiggo' has proclaimed that he/she races
and coaches clean, and if neither he/she or any of his/her athletes
have improved that proves his/her theory, does it not?
Old 12-17-12, 17:38
Administrator

Quote:
I truly believe Ryder could have won the Giro and top-5d the Tour this year (2012)
Based on what, one wonders?

Other than Berto, anyone in recent years who has done well in the Giro has trod water at best in the Tour.
Old 12-17-12, 18:19

Quote:
I thought it's generally accepted that riding the Giro scuppers your chance in the Tour, seems a very reasonable assertion to me, although I know it doesn't fit in your paradigm.
Pantani and Indurain seemed to manage it ok. Shouldn’t think it would be a problem for Sky. Giro/Tour double for Wiggins would be an awesome feat.
Old 12-17-12, 18:21

Quote:
I thought it's generally accepted that riding the Giro scuppers your chance in the Tour, seems a very reasonable assertion to me, although I know it doesn't fit in your paradigm.

It was only really Giro 2010 and 2011 with their insane courses that created the idea that Giro destroyed a Tour attempt. Before that Menchov saw no problem with doing both in 08 and 09, Sastre also in 09, Basso in 05 and 06 (finishing 2nd in Tour in 2005). Menchov also performed better in Tour when in 08 he finished 5th in Giro and 4th (later 3rd) in the Tour.

Lance and Ullrich didnt care for the giro in those years, but before that Pantani always went for both and Indurain did on 3 of his 5 TDF wins.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-17-12, 20:22

I doubted whether Wiggins would get himself back in shape...mentally first, then physically, to tackle just the Giro, let alone the double. I also doubted the ability to get a team with sufficient focus to deliver either the Giro or the tour this year...especially given the obvious conflict between camp Wiggo and camp Froome.
I don't think for one second that Froome could have beaten Wiggins last year. Dancing about for short showy bursts doesn't convince me at all. He was though, when he was pulling, just about the best super-dom Wiggo could have asked for.

If Brailsford can figure a plan to get teams together with the appropriate focus for the two GTs....and if Wiggo is prepared to go through the same privation that he did last year, then Wiggins has as good a chance as anyone of pulling it off. I'm still not sure he is.

Glad to see Brailsford still unequivocally stating, publicly, that Wiggins won the tour clean. He deserved his Coach of the Year award...the financial bounty to BC today emphasised that.