The Better Overall Rider: Evans or Contador - Page 20 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Better overall rider
Cadel Evans 34 22.08%
Alberto Contador 120 77.92%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-12, 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
I don't know what Rabobank riders El Pisti is talking about, he probably doesn't even know himself. Maybe Gesink, after the headbutt incident in the Vuelta, but actually Gesink has said he's an admirer of Evans, and likes his all year long racing mentality (that was before last year).

I don't think quiet and retiring are quite the aspects of Evans' character that people don't like, BTW.
Okay but you have to admit he is not as moody and whiny as he used to be, maybe more at peace with himself at BMC. Has now got the wife the dog, the kid and the Tour victory. I think the problem was the missing Tour win and the frustrations he had chasing it.
Old 12-17-12, 14:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Third attempt to express my opinion on this topic. This time, please, leave me alone, and stop deleting.
Maybe it's time to realize there is something wrong with what you post when the mods delete it.

Quote:
Evans is a full time professional racer, racing from February to October, just like any cycling rider since Nativity. This links him all cycling greats of the past. He's honouring "small" races with his presence. His consistency is remarkable for a rider of his era, if though there are more and more like him since about 2010 (Nibali, Gesink, Cancellara, Gilbert, A Schleck, etc.)

Conttador is a pretty damn joke, racing 50 days a year (60 if you include criteriums), finishing in July, a*se-licking the biggest race organisers (ASO, RCS) and then finishing the year, sunbathing on the beaches of Cancun.
I'm sure you don't mind me checking this...

race days per year

2007 - 64
2008 - 68
2009 - 54
2010 - 52
2011 - 65

That is without criteriums.

And please give me an example of him "a*se-licking" ASO and RCS and no he doesn't go sunbathing in Cancun when he ends his season, he's got a **** load of other things to do like visiting sponsors, sponsor events, training camps, TV appearances etc.

And you say Evans honours small races with his presence. Fine. But so does Alberto (for example Tour de San Luis, Vuelta a la Region de Murcia,Volta ao Algarve)

You can have your opinion but stop posting bull**** or else it'll make you look like a ****ing joke.

Oh wait, this is the same person who said Alberto was a nobody because he'd never won a classic (stage races don't matter)
Old 12-17-12, 15:09
Administrator

Quote:
Third attempt to express my opinion on this topic. This time, please, leave me alone, and stop deleting.

Evans is a full time professional racer, racing from February to October, just like any cycling rider since Nativity. This links him all cycling greats of the past. He's honouring "small" races with his presence. His consistency is remarkable for a rider of his era, if though there are more and more like him since about 2010 (Nibali, Gesink, Cancellara, Gilbert, A Schleck, etc.)

C***tador is a pretty damn joke, racing 50 days a year (60 if you include criteriums), finishing in July, a*se-licking the biggest race organisers (ASO, RCS) and then finishing the year, sunbathing on the beaches of Cancun.

CAS matters

Yeah, and that's a mere detail, of course.
funny enough in 2011 evans did exactly what you are criticizing condator for and the smallest race he did was the USPCC for obvious sponsor reasons only.

he also only raced one 1 day race all season long (strade bianchi) and every other race cept those 2 where WT stage races.

so it seems like when evans managed to get the only win he actually wanted, the rest of the season became pretty irrelevant to him.

double standards much?

Last edited by Parrulo; 12-17-12 at 15:12.
Old 12-17-12, 15:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post

Oh wait, this is the same person who said Alberto was a nobody because he'd never won a classic (stage races don't matter)
its also the same idiot who thinks.Milan san remo is a climbers classic and who did his own cycling ranking system with scoring and all of.400 riders that had zubeldia for example but not contador.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-17-12, 15:58

Quote:
Maybe it's time to realize there is something wrong with what you post when the mods delete it.
There is no excuse for censorship. It's a method for the weaks.

Quote:
I'm sure you don't mind me checking this...

race days per year

2007 - 64
2008 - 68
2009 - 54
2010 - 52
2011 - 65

That is without criteriums.

It's RIDICULOUSLY small. Merckx raced for twice as many days a year, not including track racing days.

Quote:
And please give me an example of him "a*se-licking" ASO and RCS
Let's say Giro 2008.

Quote:
funny enough in 2011 evans did exactly what you are criticizing condator for and the smallest race he did was the USPCC for obvious sponsor reasons only.
He was aged 33. And that's a great job at cherry-picking. What about 2008, 2009, etc.

Besides, if you read all my posts on these boards, you'd know that I already noticed that: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpos...3&postcount=29

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
its also the same idiot who thinks.Milan san remo is a climbers classic
If Parrulo comes back on this thread, I'd like to point out that I've never insulted another poster, this way. And I won't return it. I don't mind, my shoulders are strong enough.

Perhaps, you'd tell me that Raymond Poulidor and Laurent Fignon were sprinters. That's a matter of opinion, I guess.
Old 12-17-12, 16:11

Yes, Contador should tell ASO and RCS to go f.ck themselves, and ride the Tour of Austria instead. Plus a gazillion other races, because Merckx did so as well. And we all know that the days of Merckx directly translate to the modern era.
Old 12-17-12, 16:41

Quote:
If Parrulo comes back on this thread, I'd like to point out that I've never insulted another poster, this way. And I won't return it. I don't mind, my shoulders are strong enough.

Perhaps, you'd tell me that Raymond Poulidor and Laurent Fignon were sprinters. That's a matter of opinion, I guess.
You know its against the rules to bring up doping here but you keep bringing up doping in the thread, knowing that even if your posts are deleted they will survive long enough to flame plenty of Contador fans.

And then you complain that the I used the perfectly harmless term - idiot.

Having no less just a moment earlier declared yourself "anti censorship".
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-17-12, 18:13

Lol is this a question Of course Contaaaaa
Old 12-17-12, 18:47

Quote:

C***tador is a pretty damn joke, racing 50 days a year (60 if you include criteriums), finishing in July, a*se-licking the biggest race organisers (ASO, RCS) and then finishing the year, sunbathing on the beaches of Cancun.

CAS matters

Yeah, and that's a mere detail, of course.
Enjoy your forthcoming vacation.

Evans climbed off his bike in August, this year.
The year before, he interrupted his round of opening supermarkets to swan around, finishing nowhere in a joke of a race in the US......in August.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cycli...826-1jdg4.html

Milan-Turin 26th September.
Old 12-17-12, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
You know its against the rules to bring up doping here but you keep bringing up doping in the thread, knowing that even if your posts are deleted they will survive long enough to flame plenty of Contador fans.
Doping is part of this sport. Silencing the problem is pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
And then you complain that the I used the perfectly harmless term - idiot.
Having no less just a moment earlier declared yourself "anti censorship".
I am anti-censorship and precisely I don't want the mods to delete your post otherwise nobody would know you've insulted me while I was posting in a perfectly serene mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo
Enjoy your forthcoming vacation.
Won't have any. I'm not Contador, lol.
Quote:
Evans climbed off his bike in August, this year.
He's 35.

Quote:
The year before, he interrupted his round of opening supermarkets to swan around, finishing nowhere in a joke of a race in the US......in August.
He was 34 (and not 33 as I wrongly mentioned above).

However in 2004, he raced from Valencia (February) to Lombardy (October)
In 2005, from the Nats (January) to Germany (August)
In 2006, from Down Under (January) to Zurich (October)
In 2007, from Andalucia (February) to Lombardy (October)
In 2008, from Andalucia (February) to Emily (October)
In 2009, from Andalucia (February) to Lombardy (October)
In 2010, from Down Under (January) to the Worlds (September)

Right?