CN interviews Chris Horner - Page 16 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-17-12, 12:10

To me it sounds like CH wants to believe that lance is innocent but deep down he knows he isn't. Its easier mentally if you believe that you are on a level playing field. It's a copping mechanism. That is also why he believes in the "never tested positive". That way looking back he can't look back and say what if....? As stupid as it makes him sound, it's he's way of copping. Which explains why he didn't read the report, Or comes on cycling news or velonews.

Also he's point on USADA is so true. If someone admits to doping they shouldn't be given a slap on the wrist. Why was lance the key target of the report? He has retired yet riders who have many years left, get a 6 month ban which just happens to be over the off season so really not affecting them at all. I feel this is the point he is making. (I could be wrong).

This is how the interview reads to me but at the same time i personally just don't know how someone so close to lance would be clean.
Old 12-17-12, 13:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post
I'd bet Horner is reflecting the consensus attitude of the peloton.
I would agree. Recent Sports Personality of the Year said:

Quote:
“I’ve always been a bit of a fan of Lance and have sided on the side of innocent until proven guilty with him. There isn’t an athlete or a cyclist out there that isn’t more tested than he is, certainly since his comeback, he’s probably been the most tested cyclist in the pro peloton and you take that on face value and that he’s never failed a drugs test and until he does he’s clean. That’s how I’ve always had as a stance on Lance.”
Sanchez, Contador have said much the same.
Old 12-17-12, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsa View Post
When will these idiots just shut their traps. Now Horner claims that he has been tested 500-1000 times himself If he makes it through the season without being implicated by USADA, it will be a miracle. Remember folks, his participation with Johan was post 2005, a period that we haven't heard much about yet.

When Johan fails to step foot in the US for arbitration, and another reasoned decision is realeased, Honer is going to look like the tool that he is.
The actual quote: "So do you take all the tests, 500, 1000, I don't know the number I've done in my own career and you basically say, that you took them for no reason?"

Of course dumb rocks would take the first part of the quote, clip it and create a lie in an effort to associate him with Armstrongs comments on the number of teast. Horner has no idea of the number of test he's taken. He speaking metaphorically. A lot of tests...he says directly, "I don't know the number." The point he makes is valid. All test are now questionable. Or is it, "will question your tests Chris, but ignore those of, oh let's say Tom Boonen or anyone else. Horner's similar interviewed with Velo News sum it up best when he said I did not race with those guys. (Postal).

I guess guilt by association is acceptable, but limited to the individual. Let see Contador: Liberty..Discover...Astana...Saxo, but will look the other way on that.

"Yeh, that's the ticket."

The fact is Horner has not made millions in his career and has seen his share of
hypocracy, but is only trying to make a living. The American outsider, who got an only offer from Bruyneel or bust. Many have to work for money and put up with the bull@#%! in a lot jobs everyday. The working person can relate. Horner is just pointing out the hypocrits and favortism of the summer past.

Last edited by Susan Westemeyer; 12-17-12 at 17:32. Reason: insult
Old 12-17-12, 16:05

Have some of us forgotten that LA's role in all of this is much more than using PEDs? The man seems to be a criminal, a fraud, a panderer, a trafficker, ... and THAT is why LA is sitting in the bullseye with arrows in his derriere. His bully-man attitude has little bearing on the process and outcome but it brings a sense of karma and justice to it all.
Old 12-17-12, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
In fact, the rules are that doping is banned in cycling. The use of banned products or techniques are subject to sanctions.

Doping tests are only one way of determining if there is transgression of the rules.
Becasue of the USADA ruling: all test are now questionable. Horner's just pointing out the song remains the same. What test are now valid?

That's actually a great self-defence post USADA. Who is really clean? Those who you like? Those who you dislike?

I would seem that their are no song birds around Horner. His good nature off the bike may afford him that.

What we have here is a bunch of sports fans here doing what sport fans do; playing to their favorites while denouncing the enemy as all things evil. Sports hooligans? Name calling from the safety of you keyboard and hidden location. What a revelation.
Old 12-17-12, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillytheKid View Post
The actual quote: "So do you take all the tests, 500, 1000, I don't know the number I've done in my own career and you basically say, that you took them for no reason?"

Of course dumb rocks would take the first part of the quote, clip it and create a lie in an effort to associate him with Armstrongs comments on the number of teast. Horner has no idea of the number of test he's taken. He speaking metaphorically. A lot of tests...he says directly, "I don't know the number." The point he makes is valid. All test are now questionable. Or is it, "will question your tests Chris, but ignore those of, oh let's say Tom Boonen or anyone else. Horner's similar interviewed with Velo News sum it up best when he said I did not race with those guys. (Postal).

I guess guilt by association is acceptable, but limited to the individual. Let see Contador: Liberty..Discover...Astana...Saxo, but will look the other way on that.

"Yeh, that's the ticket."

The fact is Horner has not made millions in his career and has seen his share of
hypocracy, but is only trying to make a living. The American outsider, who got an only offer from Bruyneel or bust. Many have to work for money and put up with the bull@#%! in a lot jobs everyday. The working person can relate. Horner is just pointing out the hypocrits and favortism of the summer past.

Take a hike.
So I'm a "dumb rock" huh?

Dumb rocks are a bunch of cat 1s from CA that would dope themselves up to only help Chris propel himself to a return to Euro racing. The guy is a tool. Always has been and always will be. His words are more desperation than idocy however. He is finished.

Last edited by Susan Westemeyer; 12-17-12 at 17:32. Reason: offensive
Old 12-17-12, 16:50

Billy, nice try. People like you want to pretend that some only care about LA and that is far from the truth. The majority of the people who have problems with the actions of LA are just as upset about the likes of Contador etc. We love cycling. I am sorry that you love Lance.
Old 12-17-12, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillytheKid View Post
They must rolling with laughter over other side of the ocean.
Like we rolled with laughter when CONI took down Basso,Scarponi, Dilucca, Ricco, etc? Will you roll with laughter when Ferrari's list of 70 is exposed?

Lance is not the sport. The sport has moved on.....maybe it is time you did as well?
Old 12-17-12, 17:34
Administrator

The insults will stop now.

Or else.

Susan
Old 12-17-12, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsa View Post
Billy, nice try. People like you want to pretend that some only care about LA and that is far from the truth. The majority of the people who have problems with the actions of LA are just as upset about the likes of Contador etc. We love cycling. I am sorry that you love Lance.
Golly gee, that may have once been so, it was great story, and maybe I still view LA as much a victim of drug culture of the sport as any. He certainly did not invent it. I met more than my share of a@%#@! in racing and I had my moments. It is a game of itemidation more than people think. You do have to leave it on the road, but if you raced and remembered it right, it's not exactly "Go ahead and have this wheel, cause I love the sport and I want to get shuffled to the back. Yeh, go ahead and take it. I don't want to be up here when the winning move goes. I just like to train and get popped. I am nice guy and like to finish last."

You get to be Cat. 2 and the Cat. 1's/pros where all like the same guy. "Get off the #$%^&#* front" was the basic attitude. I don't love LA, I just don't see him as much different than the rest of the top tier. I was disgusted in the end of my racing day cause they're all the same guy. LA had talent. Abused it with PEDs. Had cancer and beat it. Went on with super PEDs. The big story and big fame went to his head, but also created envy and resentment from those who got popped because they could not figure out they did not hold the same cards as a cancer suvivor with a big story. They themselves, like the LA comeback, were more over the top in thinking that it could go on and on. Sport is not a nice-guy arena. It should have rules and PEDs are rightly banned. It's not for the love of Lance that I post. The hypocracy of it all is more the matter.

Horner is just pointing that out. He was never in their club anyway.

Last edited by BillytheKid; 12-17-12 at 18:06.