CN interviews Chris Horner - Page 17 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-17-12, 18:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
Like we rolled with laughter when CONI took down Basso,Scarponi, Dilucca, Ricco, etc? Will you roll with laughter when Ferrari's list of 70 is exposed?

Lance is not the sport. The sport has moved on.....maybe it is time you did as well?
A good point. Shall we stopped this bleeding?
Old 12-17-12, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillytheKid View Post
snip................................
You get to be Cat. 2 and the Cat. 1's/pros where all like the same guy. "Get off the #$%^&#* front" was the basic attitude. I don't love LA, I just don't see him as much different than the rest of the top tier. I was disgusted in the end of my racing day cause they're all the same guy. LA had talent. Abused it with PEDs. Had cancer and beat it. Went on with super PEDs. The big story and big fame went to his head, but also created envy and resentment from those who got popped because they could not figure out they did not hold the same cards as a cancer suvivor with a big story. They themselves, like the LA comeback, were more over the top in thinking that it could go on and on. Sport is not a nice-guy arena. It should have rules and PEDs are rightly banned. It's not for the love of Lance that I post. The hypocracy of it all is more the matter.

Horner is just pointing that out. He was never in their club anyway.
"Golly Gee" you were the victim in the work place and on the bike. I am truelly sorry.

Just to clarify, which club is it that Horner was never part of?
Old 12-17-12, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillytheKid View Post
A good point. Shall we stopped this bleeding?
Getting Bruyneel, Celya, Marti, Ferrari, Del Moral out of the sport is a important first step
Old 12-18-12, 00:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedaling squares View Post
Refusing to go down the road means declining to answer or deflecting the question, not resorting to nonsense like "Lance won... he passed all the tests." Especially since neither point is true. The man either:
a) expects a post-retirement gig,
b) is a simpleton, or
c) thinks that we are all simpletons, in which case see b).
I see your point, but saying what he said doesn't make make him an idiotic Lance-loving doping apologist.
I see nothing that interview that would suggest Horner thinks we're simpletons. All I see is a guy who refuses to pile on because he probably knows we all know he was on the programme too.
If you substitute Lance's name for someone less despicable, Horner has a point.
By pretending the Tour didn't exist during the time in question, the UCI is implicating absolutely everyone in the race. And if you're going to erase all results from the Tour, it stands to reason that the same should be done for the Vuelta and Giro.
I mean, does anyone think riders eased off the rest of the year?
Old 12-18-12, 00:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by the delgados View Post
I see your point, but saying what he said doesn't make make him an idiotic Lance-loving doping apologist.
It certainly seems like it...
Considering what is out there about this trying to make it seem like it didn't happen or ignoring seems pretty offensive to me.
It did happen and could be/is happening still. Therefore it needs to be sorted out.
This means people of his stature in the sport should be interested in it and calling it... however i can completely understand if he's not calling it because he was involved in it (rider 15 or whatever in USADA report) as that would be hypocritical. I suppose from this point of view it doesn't make him necessarily a Lance Apologist - just means he's looking after his own back..
He's just taking lessons from the master, certainly wouldn't make him an idiot but would align him as scum same as LA.
Old 12-18-12, 00:48

Tom375:

I totally agree with you about the need to sort things out.
However, Horner neither denies nor tries to pretend nothing happened. He simply said that the anti-doping rules were not stringent enough to catch the dopers. There's nothing particularly offensive about that.
Old 12-18-12, 01:20

Quote:
Tom375:

However, Horner neither denies nor tries to pretend nothing happened. He simply said that the anti-doping rules were not stringent enough to catch the dopers. There's nothing particularly offensive about that.
Considering what's happened - for me its a black & white either you believe the USADA report or you don't - I've read it as i'm sure most people have in this forum (he claims not to - I find that a bit weird? at best it's just burying your head in the sand at worst...)
The USADA decision came about precisely because the anti-doping tests weren't effective at catching a doper. Tests weren't enough because people can beat the tests - that doesn't mean that they aren't doping or aren't cheating. Horner seems to be suggesting that if you beat the tests you aren't cheating i.e a la Armstrong, Jenkins & Spanish Armada et al.
For me the evidence is overwhelmingly that he he did dope and he did cheat, the interview with Horner therefore only makes him look like a "Lance Apologist" or "backward" as i really don't understand how anyone could come out with any other conclusion from the USADA report other than LA doped systematically throughout his career.
As i said earlier he claims not to have read it but he should he's like a senior figure in the peleton these days so I believe he should make himself aware of the facts - maybe then comment. I'd probably appreciate it more if he'd said he'd read the report and still come up with these views at least it would make more sense..
Old 12-18-12, 01:41

Quote:
Tom375:

No, he is trying to have his cake and eat it, too. He says that he wants it is USADA or WADA's responsibility to come up with good test but then he wants to say that if you didn't test positive you are clean.
Old 12-18-12, 02:57

Was there ever a list, of those subpoenad by the Feds during their investigation? No

Could Chris Horner have been dumb enough to lie to the Feds after being subpoenad and the USADA found no benefit in using his testimony because he lied and provided no evidence, resulting in him not being "self" removed from participation in his first and last Olympic appearance? Yes

If one was dumb enough to lie to the Feds during the investigation, would that said individual be dumb enough to change his story in public at this point in time? Most likely not.

If Lance once again, which he will, becomes part of an civil or criminal investigation, could Chris Horner find himself being the next Martha Stewart?

Motive enough to make comments like he has? YES
Old 12-18-12, 03:14

Little Chris Horner
Sat in the corner,
Eating a Christmas pie;
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,
And said 'What a good boy am I'