Who will win the 2013 GIRO? (Second round) - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 GIRO?
Wiggins 52 30.41%
Nibali 51 29.82%
Rodriguez 11 6.43%
Hesjedal 10 5.85%
Gesink 21 12.28%
Sanchez 5 2.92%
Basso 6 3.51%
Scarponi 2 1.17%
A colombian 4 2.34%
Other/Vino 9 5.26%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-12, 00:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Wiggo. If he stays off the booze.

The people who think that Nibali will be any competition to him need to rewatch the Tour.
Nibali was ill during the last week of the Tour, not at his best. Giro is also a different race to the Tour and will suit Nibali better.

My tip is Rodriguez.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-18-12, 03:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
Nibali was ill during the last week of the Tour, not at his best. Giro is also a different race to the Tour and will suit Nibali better.

My tip is Rodriguez.
I've got a feeling that Purito is nearly ready to win a GT and the Giro might be it.

But I can't see your logic on Nibali.

Like Wiggo himself, Nibali is one of those riders who just has to hang in there when the true mountain goats pile on the pressure, but unlike Wiggo, Nibali is rubbish at pacing himself and riding to a schedule.

Nibali will have team support, but certainly no more team support than Wiggo ... probably less in quality and quantity.
Old 12-18-12, 04:45
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tei6chai View Post
Nibali will have team support, but certainly no more team support than Wiggo ... probably less in quality and quantity.
Quantity? Is Astana not allowed to have 9 riders on their team?

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-18-12, 06:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Scarponi will be back in business. Podium contender for sure.
Agreed. He wasn't very exciting to watch and not at his best, but was still very much up there. He also didn't suck in the later mountain stages... unlike Basso.
Old 12-18-12, 10:12
Banned

Wiggins with provocative ease. I fear he will scatter opponents as Indurain on La Plagne. Soft pedaling, 53 gear, winsome smile and... the rivals will be overthrown on the way to Trecime Di Lavaredo.
Old 12-18-12, 10:19

I voted Nibali but I actually think Rodriguez will.
Old 12-18-12, 10:33

Nibali to win. Samu and Pozzovivo to round up the podium.

Gesnik to crash again, and Wiggins to retire after losing ten minutes on a mountain stage and complain bitterly that Sky's Marginal Gains have been leaked to the other teams.
Old 12-18-12, 11:42

Wiggins will win followed by Ryder and Rodriguez.
Old 12-18-12, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Different team, different parcours, different climbs, different competition, different level of motivation. Just because Wiggo beat Nibali on a course custom made for him doesn't necessarily mean he can do it again in a completely different race.
Wiggo as a climber is on par with Nibali, at the very least. And there's a 50 k flattish TT in the race. If he approaches the form of the Tour next year, I don't see how Nibali can beat him.
Old 12-18-12, 12:06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Just because Wiggo beat Nibali on a course custom made for him doesn't necessarily mean he can do it again in a completely different race.
He smashed Nibali and he would have smashed Nibali even more unsparingly if it had been needed. It was an unconditional victory on all counts. Everything Nibali could do on the climbs was miserable school boy La Toussuire move when he could hang at the distance of 15-20 sec during 4-5 km's. What are we talking about?
Closed Thread