Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 12-17-12, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
Your not serious about Sehwag are you, good player but top 5 of the 2000s?
He even got in to the Cricinfo all time best test 11.

He may be failing now, but he scored heavily in the 00s and at a hectic pace too. Was the architect of many Indian victories. I'll have him fighting for the 5th spot.
Old 12-17-12, 23:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
Riveting stuff from England, Cook especially. 3 off 71 .
Don't think the pitch was up to much - neither team scored well on it.. Think India will be well gutted about that - should have been a result pitch!
Anyway could be interesting last day for AUS against SL - SL couldn't get a result could they? (i doubt it but Sanga's still in)
I Love test cricket (apart from when played on pitches like the last ENG v IND pitch) going to be an interesting year (2 Ashes series - Both teams look evenly matched wow!)...
Old 12-18-12, 00:00

I bet we will not get a result in the SL-Aus test. Australia will struggle to bowl them out imo especially being down on Hilfenhaus and Clarke not being able to bowl some part time spin.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-18-12, 03:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
Your not serious about Sehwag are you, good player but top 5 of the 2000s?
What? It's a close call between him and Matt Hayden as the best opener in the world during the 2000's. Hayden IMO had a slight edge but still, Sehwag is right up there.

Last edited by 42x16ss; 12-18-12 at 03:36.
Old 12-18-12, 03:46

I think I have seen it all. Matt Wade (wicketkeeper) has bowled a maiden with Hughes keeping.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-18-12, 07:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
I think I have seen it all. Matt Wade (wicketkeeper) has bowled a maiden with Hughes keeping.
Even bowled in the mid 130s
Old 12-18-12, 09:54

What was with the ball tampering allegations re Aussie test ? Supposedly happened in the first innings and it wasn't an official protest. Starc is certainly good, bowling at the tail and had the yorker going nicely. Like to see him do better against the best batsmen.
Old 12-18-12, 11:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
What was with the ball tampering allegations re Aussie test ? Supposedly happened in the first innings and it wasn't an official protest. Starc is certainly good, bowling at the tail and had the yorker going nicely. Like to see him do better against the best batsmen.
It was a non-story. The footage that Sri Lanka provided showed no evidence of tampering and Sri Lanka did not officially report the incident. Starc largely got the bunnies at the end, Siddle is the far more impressive bowler.
Old 12-19-12, 06:52

I disagree with Sehwag as the 5th best batsman of the 2000s. Surely Dravid, Inzamam, Yousuf, Laxman or Hayden, Smith or Cook or Jayawardene would edge him out there, because none of them are irresponsible gits that are as likely to get out first ball, trailing by 500 as they are to score a triple hundred. Sehwag was far too inconsistent.

Top ODI player, though.

Last edited by Alphabet; 12-21-12 at 12:18.
Old 12-19-12, 22:38

Malinga's bowling motion shouldn't be more wearing on his knees than a "normal" pace bowling motion.

Some T20s coming up now, it's funny to see the status of T20 in England and India if you compare their teams.