The World Ends Friday - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 12-18-12, 22:18

Default The World Ends Friday

End of the Mayan calendar. Any bets on how it will happen?

A large bolide impact would be pretty cool, but the light show from a gamma ray burst, provided it hits the other side of the world, might be spectacular.
Old 12-18-12, 22:28
Administrator

if movies are anything to go by, while the US bath in a sea of lava the rest of the world will proceed with life as usual.

Last edited by Parrulo; 12-19-12 at 00:40.
Old 12-18-12, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
if movies are anything to go by, while the US bath in a sea of lava the rest of the world will proceed with live as usual.
Well big Ben and the eifel tower will also fall as well as.some token.Asian.city,
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-18-12, 22:35

Quote:
if movies are anything to go by, while the US bath in a sea of lava the rest of the world will proceed with live as usual.
If movies are anything to go by then it would be wise to stay away from all iconic buildings and monuments.
Old 12-18-12, 23:01

I'm about 4000 miles away from the Statue of Liberty.....I'll be safe!!

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 12-18-12, 23:32

I am still more likely to be killed by a Spider in the Australian summer than by end of the World on Friday.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-18-12, 23:33

Quote:
Australia never gets a mention in any of those 'doomsday' movies.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-18-12, 23:39

I think we will be openly visited by beings from another planet...they might blow up the White House.
Old 12-18-12, 23:42
Administrator

I'm thinking Yellowstone erupts and takes most of the US with it, California cracks off and falls into the sea, Europe and Russia freeze over and they fall into a second ice age, Robots take over Japan and spread out to the other Asian countries, Africa floods and the floods stretch into the other eastern hemisphere continents, meteors destroy South America, Austraila gets attacked by mutant animals. And any other place I didn't mention or for anybody that survives...I'm thinking zombies.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-18-12, 23:47

for some it ends tomorrow.....