Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-18-12, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
Hamilton hinted at something similar at certain points in his book... yeah they were "all in" but he mentions a few times that working with LA was a level above how he'd trained previously.
Do you really think Jan got EPO at local supermarket and his team did not organize anything? Had Jan ridden "clean" he would have never finished in top20/top30.
Old 12-18-12, 21:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyninefourteen View Post
Another perfect example of the need for the complete cleansing.....
Watch Sky at TDF 2012 and compare whether these guys are cleaner than USPS.
Old 12-18-12, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncha View Post
Do you really think Jan got EPO at local supermarket and his team did not organize anything? Had Jan ridden "clean" he would have never finished in top20/top30.
Unless everyone was clean, and then he would have won.
Old 12-18-12, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post
Sally is deeply invested in the sport. (a) She made boatloads of money from a book about the sport; (b) she reports on the sport in exchange for money; and (c) she is emotionally connected to a disgraced former star of the sport. I don't know how you can reasonably assert that "Sally is not invested in any way with the sport."

I am not suggesting that Sally is "the same" as the devoted fans of cycling. I suggest that Sally's loyal support of filthy Lance Armstrong is analogous to a devoted fan's loyal support of filthy pro cycling. I'd define "devoted fan" as a person who spends their hard earned money on pro cycling-sponsored items.

Sally is an active apologist of the filthy sport (she attempts to influence others), while the devoted pro cycling fan is more passive. So, she's "worse," I guess, in an objective moral sense. But both active Sally and the passive fan are still supporting the filthy circus. It's a little bit hypocritical for the devoted fan who buys his Rabobank jersey to throw stones at Sally Jenkins for her defense of Lance Armstrong.

It all makes for good entertainment, though.
By this definition I not a devoted fan of the sport because I do not buy pro sponsored items ( unless on counts Camapgnolo parts), and even though I have been a fan of ice hockey for 40 years I am not a "devoted" fan because I don't go the arena and buy a team jersey???

Really?
Old 12-18-12, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by purcell View Post
By this definition I not a devoted fan of the sport because I do not buy pro sponsored items ( unless on counts Camapgnolo parts), and even though I have been a fan of ice hockey for 40 years I am not a "devoted" fan because I don't go the arena and buy a team jersey???

Really?
Instead of 'devoted fan,' replace it with the term 'schmevoted fan.' I doubt that you are a schmevoted fan.
Old 12-18-12, 23:08

Quote:
I'd define "devoted fan" as a person who spends their hard earned money on pro cycling-sponsored items.

worst definition ever.
Old 12-19-12, 00:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

worst definition ever.
Bad word choice. I should have used another term to refer to a person who spends money on items sponsored by pro cycling and the UCI.
Old 12-19-12, 00:36
Banned

Quote:
Bad word choice. I should have used another term to refer to a person who spends money on items sponsored by pro cycling and the UCI.
Yes Mark, you should.
How do you define people - because that is central to your argument., no one else's.

I am a fan of cycling - plain and simple. Am I devoted? Perhaps - but that would be because I believe in the sport, not on what I purchase.

Have you supported Liguigas, Ag2r? You must have Sky as your TV choice, surely?
The people that do purchase those products are not devotee fans.
Please stop this apologetic nonsense.
Old 12-19-12, 02:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
Yes Mark, you should.
How do you define people - because that is central to your argument., no one else's.

I am a fan of cycling - plain and simple. Am I devoted? Perhaps - but that would be because I believe in the sport, not on what I purchase.

Have you supported Liguigas, Ag2r? You must have Sky as your TV choice, surely?
The people that do purchase those products are not devotee fans.
Please stop this apologetic nonsense.
Oh yes . . . the True Fans of cycling. Whatever.

If the true fan of cycling spends money on pro cycling's sponsors or on UCI products, then that fan is supporting the whole filthy cesspool.

If the true fan of cycling does not spend money on pro cycling's sponsors or on UCI products, then that fan is NOT supporting the whole filthy cesspool.

I can't possibly make it any more concrete for you.
Old 12-19-12, 06:12

Quote:
Oh yes . . . the True Fans of cycling. Whatever.

If the true fan of cycling spends money on pro cycling's sponsors or on UCI products, then that fan is supporting the whole filthy cesspool.

If the true fan of cycling does not spend money on pro cycling's sponsors or on UCI products, then that fan is NOT supporting the whole filthy cesspool.

I can't possibly make it any more concrete for you.
You must only get Black and White broadcasts on your TV. The world has a few shades of color if you look around.