2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours - Page 15 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 12-17-12, 17:34
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
As strange as it may sound, that race is getting a little too hard for Bos. Only one or two real flat sprint stages.

I think it's more something for Slagter than for Kelderman, actually. I don't know why Wilco will go there.
A race like Dauphiné is better suited to him, but the field is much worse here(or not in shape yet), so I think he can show something here if he wants to. Slagter is indeed better suited to hills as we saw in the Giro, but I don't know what kind of rider he wants to be. GT rider or hilly classics?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 12-17-12, 18:01
Pentacycle's Avatar
Pentacycle Pentacycle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands
Posts: 1,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
A race like Dauphiné is better suited to him, but the field is much worse here(or not in shape yet), so I think he can show something here if he wants to. Slagter is indeed better suited to hills as we saw in the Giro, but I don't know what kind of rider he wants to be. GT rider or hilly classics?
The TDU is the yearly Greipel sprint show, and the rest of the stages are won by Australians. Greipel, unlike Bos has such a high base level that he can even win with relatively bad form. Bos is just going to finish 80th or worse if he starts.

Slagter will probably let go of GC goals, he wanted to focus on the classics this year, as he's not a pure climber (yet?). Last Giro he dropped quite easily on the longer climbs, maybe he still progresses but the Assisi stage showed his Purito-like classics potential.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 12-17-12, 18:04
Afrank's Avatar
Afrank Afrank is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Bob Jungels program for 2012:

Tour Méditerranéen

Tour du Haut Var

Driedaagse van West Vlaanderen

Critérium International

Circuit de la Sarthe

Paris-Roubaix (preselection, 10 riders for 8 spots)

Amstel Gold Race

Flèche Wallonne

Liège-Bastogne-Liège

Tour de Romandie

Tour de Luxembourg

http://www.wort.lu/de/view/team-radi...b0ac8268bfed73
Already throwing him right into the some of the biggest races, hopefully it works out for him. Also hope he gets the selection for Paris-Roubaix, I'm interested in seeing how he would do there.
__________________
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 12-17-12, 19:12
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
The TDU is the yearly Greipel sprint show, and the rest of the stages are won by Australians. Greipel, unlike Bos has such a high base level that he can even win with relatively bad form. Bos is just going to finish 80th or worse if he starts.
May I remind you that Bos has had his arguably best results in Oman and other early season races? And that Greipel, until last year, was never able to extend his TDU form to the rest of the year?

But not to burst the bubble
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 12-18-12, 13:29
18-Valve. (pithy) 18-Valve. (pithy) is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,929
Default

Does anyone know who Wiggins teammates will be for the Giro? Besides Porte, I mean.
__________________
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 12-18-12, 14:50
Froome19's Avatar
Froome19 Froome19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Bob Jungels program for 2012:

Tour Méditerranéen

Tour du Haut Var

Driedaagse van West Vlaanderen

Critérium International

Circuit de la Sarthe

Paris-Roubaix (preselection, 10 riders for 8 spots)

Amstel Gold Race

Flèche Wallonne

Liège-Bastogne-Liège

Tour de Romandie

Tour de Luxembourg

http://www.wort.lu/de/view/team-radi...b0ac8268bfed73
Would have liked to see him riding more of the cobbles..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gratz to Cav.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 12-18-12, 14:54
Froome19's Avatar
Froome19 Froome19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
Does anyone know who Wiggins teammates will be for the Giro? Besides Porte, I mean.
Do not know but I would guess Cataldo would go considering his nationality..
Besides for that I can only guess and say that I hope Uran does it rather than the Tour. Henao as well, Pate very likely will go there I think as he is invaluable as a GT domestique, Kennaugh will go as well I think to give him more GT experience. I would like Siutsou to go, but I think he may focus on the Tour. Puccio may ride his first GT and I hope Dombrowski gets a first GT ride as well as he wont go to the Tour..

In short I really have no clue..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gratz to Cav.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 12-18-12, 19:13
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,107
Default

henao and uran aren't suited to ride in that **** train. we saw in this years vuelta they were completely demotivated. these riders need different tactics.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 12-19-12, 00:08
markene2's Avatar
markene2 markene2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 546
Default

Andrey Kashechkin
Tour Down Under
Giro d'Italia
Tour de France,

Source: His own website http://www.kashechkin.com/
__________________
Vinokourov, Kashechkin, Ricco and Aru fan, and i am proud of it!
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 12-19-12, 03:24
Ferminal Ferminal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 16,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markene2 View Post
Andrey Kashechkin
Tour Down Under
Giro d'Italia
Tour de France,

Source: His own website http://www.kashechkin.com/
Who's going to make the poll?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.