Music! What are you listening to now? - Page 309 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 12-15-12, 11:14

To be honest even though im quite young (in my 20's), ive always been into your swing, jazz, big band artists: Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, Patrizio Buanne etc.

But dont get me wrong i also love some classic rock: Credence Clearwater Revival, Bon Jovi, Jimmy Barnes, Cold Chisel, Bee Gees, INXS, Bruce Spingsteen, Chris Issak etc etc etc

Also am big fan of Michael Jackson.

Im not really into all the latest pop stuff, my parents always thought i was a bit of a throwback to the 70's and 80's as i was always listening to that instead of new stuff.

But right this second im listening to Michael Buble's 2007 album 'Call Me Irresponsible'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace
In Lance's prime, you could take all the drugs you wanted, whenever you wanted. Ah, those were the days... If you put Contador on the program Lance was on in his prime, it would be like watching a bicycle duct-taped to the space shuttle go up the alps. You have to factor all that in when figuring out which one is the most talented
Old 12-15-12, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Yeh Internationalist is good.

O#5 is ok.

Anything after, rubbish.
Really? My favourite was Vulture Street and then O#5. The only album I really didn't like of theirs was Parables of Wooden Ears album, which was their first album.

El Imbatido, you are not on your own. I don't mind listening to some Jazz and blues music. My favourite of Buble's is Feeling Good although the original version by Nina Simone is the best. When I heard Muse's version of Feeling Good, I appreciated Michael's verson far more.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-17-12, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbelly View Post
The Dillards - Each Season Changes You With some help from a couple of Byrds.

Yes, a Byrds fan.
Great song.

I love the Dillard & Clark (former Byrdie) partnership: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Unw_SKH6VU

Earlier this year I bought Johnny Rogan's 1000 page biography of the Byrds (The Byrds : Requiem for the Timeless, Vol.1). Yet to start reading.

And then this mag too, great: http://www.uncut.co.uk/magazine/november-2012

What a band !

Edit: I might argue that my nick was named after a Gene Clark song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EofnxCTy8Ms (or a Pink Floyd epic, lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Imbatido
But dont get me wrong i also love some classic rock: Credence Clearwater Revival
wow. One of my favourite bands too. Compensates with the rest of your list, lol.

Last edited by Echoes; 12-17-12 at 14:43.
Old 12-18-12, 12:00

Daniel Balavoine - L'Aziza

Beautiful French song that I'm playing on my guitar now as well.
Old 12-19-12, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Yes, a Byrds fan.
Great song.

I love the Dillard & Clark (former Byrdie) partnership: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Unw_SKH6VU

Earlier this year I bought Johnny Rogan's 1000 page biography of the Byrds (The Byrds : Requiem for the Timeless, Vol.1). Yet to start reading.

And then this mag too, great: http://www.uncut.co.uk/magazine/november-2012

What a band !

Edit: I might argue that my nick was named after a Gene Clark song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EofnxCTy8Ms (or a Pink Floyd epic, lol)
Yeah, the pair of albums by Dillard and Clark are great. It was a genuine bargain when I bought them for less than 6.

I'm a sucker though for all of that Byrds and FBB country/bluegrass/folk rock family tree. It's a great way to waste some time just following the "branches" through YouTube.

Clarence White - The Last Thing On My Mind
Old 12-19-12, 14:53

Sirius XM satellite radio: The Pink Floyd channel
Old 12-19-12, 17:38

The National: Bloodbuzz Ohio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfySK7CLEEg
Old 12-19-12, 17:51

Old 12-20-12, 19:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbelly View Post
Yeah, the pair of albums by Dillard and Clark are great. It was a genuine bargain when I bought them for less than £6.

I'm a sucker though for all of that Byrds and FBB country/bluegrass/folk rock family tree. It's a great way to waste some time just following the "branches" through YouTube.

Clarence White - The Last Thing On My Mind
Lucky you, lol.

Clarence White was very gifted. The B-bender guitar player. His performance with Nashville West were very creative. Very early country rock. Sad he passed so soon and so tragically.

And so on this, he's playing with Herb Pedersen (future Desert Rose Band with Hillman), Byron Berline (best fiddle player of the time, playing with the FBB) and Ry Cooder. That's no sh*t, lol.

Among the "spin-offs" from the Byrds, I have a soft spot for Manassas. Band founded by Stephen Stills between two albums of CSNY with Chris Hillman on rhythm, Al Perkins on pedal steel, and many more. Bill Wyman did some sessions with them.

Could've been a great band but record company wanted CSNY back.

Manassas - Hide it so Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel999
Sirius XM satellite radio: The Pink Floyd channel
Good choice, lol.

Last edited by Echoes; 12-20-12 at 19:15.
Old 12-25-12, 23:54

Default DT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z2PW...feature=fvwrel