Frank schleck - Page 80 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-19-12, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganrob View Post
I can't see how UCI would possibly spin this if Frank does not get two years. In wake of everything that has happened it would be another F U to all of cycling. Not a surprise though
The UCI monitors this one closely, they have a representative present at all meetings so they definitely take it seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
the only outcome i see is 2 years.....................but delays make me skeptical

it's as though those delaying are hoping that observers have forgotten all
These delays are normal ... I'm not saying it's good but it's not a conspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
I guess it depends on the facts, he claims (his roommate as well?) that he can explain how that thing got in his system, so let's see...Having said that if there had been an obvious explanation I'm pretty sure we would have heard it by now so it's probably a variation on the steakgate.
Idk if you have followed this case much ... but Schleck precisely claims that he cannot explain how it got in his system, he even wanted to press charges against unknown for poisoning. Maxime Monfort acted more as a "moral witness", I don't think he testified anything relevant as to how this could have entered Schleck's system.

If you ask me, saying "I have no idea how this got into my system" is more believable than most any other story, especially the steak that travelled the world ... of course that doesn't in any way mean it's true, I just find it less ridiculous than some other explanations we've heard over the years. But the system as it is means that any bogus story you pull out of your orifices is better than no story, so IMO it doesn't look good for Schleck.

He should have said it came from one of the trouts in his pond or something

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 12-19-12, 17:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
The bar is now very low. Everybody tries to drop it even lower.
6 months backdated ban for Schleck coming up.
These clever delay tactics will allow Schleck to participate in critical training camps and he will be ready for P-N.
I can see Schleck's homers going for the 6 month ban but not the UCI.
Old 12-19-12, 17:21

According to RTL Radio a decision could be expected in early january, if this should prove to be the last hearing.

They also said Schleck could have raced the rest of the season but chose not to. However, according to them he asked the UCI to be banned in the month of October. Hence however long of a ban he might receive, he has already served two months.

I don't know if this is true though since we've seen him training in the RSNT jersey at their team camp, AFAIK that is not allowed for banned riders

Old 12-19-12, 20:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
According to RTL Radio a decision could be expected in early january, if this should prove to be the last hearing.

They also said Schleck could have raced the rest of the season but chose not to. However, according to them he asked the UCI to be banned in the month of October. Hence however long of a ban he might receive, he has already served two months.

I don't know if this is true though since we've seen him training in the RSNT jersey at their team camp, AFAIK that is not allowed for banned riders
I think Alberto was at the saxo team building camp while he was provisionally suspended or maybe I'm just going insane.
Old 12-19-12, 20:07

Quote:
The UCI monitors this one closely, they have a representative present at all meetings so they definitely take it seriously

These delays are normal ... I'm not saying it's good but it's not a conspiracy

Idk if you have followed this case much ... but Schleck precisely claims that he cannot explain how it got in his system, he even wanted to press charges against unknown for poisoning. Maxime Monfort acted more as a "moral witness", I don't think he testified anything relevant as to how this could have entered Schleck's system.

If you ask me, saying "I have no idea how this got into my system" is more believable than most any other story, especially the steak that travelled the world ... of course that doesn't in any way mean it's true, I just find it less ridiculous than some other explanations we've heard over the years. But the system as it is means that any bogus story you pull out of your orifices is better than no story, so IMO it doesn't look good for Schleck.

He should have said it came from one of the trouts in his pond or something
Indeed you need to explain where it comes from to escape a sanction and you need to prove that it's the most likely explanation.
Old 12-19-12, 23:01

Quote:

Didn't they also note that Frank has now admitted some bad decisions in the past, but is now claiming that he stopped doping in 2006?

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 12-20-12, 06:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Queued View Post
Didn't they also note that Frank has now admitted some bad decisions in the past, but is now claiming that he stopped doping in 2006?

Dave.
That I don't know about ... I haven't heard this and I think it would have made big news if he had implicitly admitted doping. His story was always that paying Fuentes for training advice was a bad decision and that therefore he cut all ties with him, maybe that's what you are thinking of

Old 12-20-12, 12:32

Quote:
That I don't know about ... I haven't heard this and I think it would have made big news if he had implicitly admitted doping. His story was always that paying Fuentes for training advice was a bad decision and that therefore he cut all ties with him, maybe that's what you are thinking of
It was a joke - playing on the latest Omerta line of admitting that you doped pre-2006, when everyone did it, and stopped thereafter along with everyone else - as is any assertion that he didn't dope.

In paying Fuentes, he was caught (blood) red-handed.

Just another great doping lie.

You can store blood with Fuentes, and not intend to use it
You can pay Fuentes, with no idea why
You can claim to have come clean in 2006
Etc.

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 12-20-12, 19:32

The sentence will be spoken on January 30th

http://www.tageblatt.lu/nachrichten/...anuar-20252883

Old 01-15-13, 20:56

The expert's report (in English) is now available on this link:

http://www.tageblatt.lu/sport/story/...s-aus-15492919

(PDF file, click on the link in the smaller box to the right of the article).

It does not exclude that Schleck used Xipamide in order to hide doping, but the expert's conclusion is that "the scenario of an application of a low, non-effective dose of Xipamide is more likely than the manipulation scenario with an effective dose of Xipamide".

On the 16th of November (after the first hearing and after having received the expert's report), ALAD wrote in a letter to Schleck's lawyer: "I can tell you already that ALAD will not maintain the theory of an illegal practice".

It seems therefore that Schleck, in any case, will not be condemned for doping, or for hiding doping. But at the end of the day he still had an illegal substance in his body, so he might still be sanctioned with a ban.